Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pawn Shop
LeNeve Wrote:I have never bought anything from a pawn shop. I have bought things from people that are on drugs and need the money though. ninja motorcycle for 500 bucks. I bought it quick. This was in December of 2000. I drove that thing to work everyday until March. He came to me and wanted it back. I said give me the 500 back and take it. So basically, the only thing he lost on the deal was the miles I put on it. I'm still real good friends with him. He goes through these phases like that. Last week he offered to sell me his PS3 and all the games for 200. I declined, because, I have kids now, and they use all my money.

Even if you say the dude is your good buddy, i don't know if i'd want a guy like that just "stopping by" my house. What happens when your not home and you left your chainsaw outside?
negadave Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I have never bought anything from a pawn shop. I have bought things from people that are on drugs and need the money though. ninja motorcycle for 500 bucks. I bought it quick. This was in December of 2000. I drove that thing to work everyday until March. He came to me and wanted it back. I said give me the 500 back and take it. So basically, the only thing he lost on the deal was the miles I put on it. I'm still real good friends with him. He goes through these phases like that. Last week he offered to sell me his PS3 and all the games for 200. I declined, because, I have kids now, and they use all my money.

Even if you say the dude is your good buddy, i don't know if i'd want a guy like that just "stopping by" my house. What happens when your not home and you left your chainsaw outside?

This guy is a great friend to me. High school buddies. There were times where I stayed with him, he let me borrow vehicles, anything I needed. He is alot better now. I also have my property on lockdown. I know if something is going on. I also have have locks on everything. I have keys like a janitor, that my family has to come ask for. My wife hates it.

I knew right away who stole the chainsaw, it was an aquaintance at the time, and has since vanished. At this point in my life I have weeded out the problem friends. This was 5 years ago.

I believe in kharma big time. All the shit I did, it was paid back to me.
LeNeve Wrote:I believe in kharma big time. All the shit I did, it was paid back to me.

Me too. That's why i don't think it's right making a living ripping people off. Guys like you and i have to do actuall http://work to make money. It kinda sucks, but it's much more respectable IMO

On the gun thing, I think your legit. CT is probbly different from your state though.
Here: Anybody can have a long gun as long as you don't have any felonys. For pistol, anybody can have one in their home, but you need a permit to carry.
Pete Nice Wrote:So then it is not really your gun and if you are caught with it your fucked right?

No. Not even close. You only have to fill out paperwork when you buy a firearm from a BATFE licensed gun dealer. Private transactions through individuals are not subject to these requirements. You can legally borrow, buy, or sell any gun provided you can legally possess it.

For me I don't like ANYONE, especially the govenrment, having any record of any firearms I own. Which is why I never buy them from licensed dealers. A simple NCIC check on the serial number precludes buying anything stolen. Easy as pie. Speaking of which....
Hondo Wrote:Easy as pie. Speaking of which....
:taterpie: ?
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Hondo Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:So then it is not really your gun and if you are caught with it your fucked right?

No. Not even close. You only have to fill out paperwork when you buy a firearm from a BATFE licensed gun dealer. Private transactions through individuals are not subject to these requirements. You can legally borrow, buy, or sell any gun provided you can legally possess it.

For me I don't like ANYONE, especially the govenrment, having any record of any firearms I own. Which is why I never buy them from licensed dealers. A simple NCIC check on the serial number precludes buying anything stolen. Easy as pie. Speaking of which....

So you are saying that from know on I should buy guns at shows only from unlicensed dealers, but have them run the serial # through NCIC to prove it was not stolen? And this is all legal?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Yep. Also check classified ads in the paper too.
LeNeve Wrote:This guy is a great friend to me. High school buddies. There were times where I stayed with him, he let me borrow vehicles, anything I needed. He is a lot better now. I also have my property on lockdown. I know if something is going on. I also have have locks on everything. I have keys like a janitor, that my family has to come ask for. My wife hates it.

I knew right away who stole the chainsaw, it was an aquaintance at the time, and has since vanished. At this point in my life I have weeded out the problem friends. This was 5 years ago.

I believe in kharma big time. All the shit I did, it was paid back to me.

So, is the dildo now locked up, too???
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
i bleed green Wrote:

You don't need to encourage him Lame
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

Didn't you ever go to Kindergarten?Encouraging others is always good.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
i bleed green Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

Didn't you ever go to Kindergarten?Encouraging others is always good.

In this case, I say no.
I HATE PIE!!
i bleed green Wrote:
Tatertit pie?
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Hondo Wrote:Yep. Also check classified ads in the paper too.
I'm always sketchy about that. It's gotta be from the right town.
There's alot of ads in the bargain news with people selling guns out of really hood areas. I feel like your setting yourself up to get robbed if you go to buy it.

Wouldn't they be able to figure out what you have by the ammo your buying?
the keifer Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
Tatertit pie?

It's a masterpiece isn't it. :happy:
You don't have to sign for ammo purchases. There's no way to be tracked that way.

I dunno about you guys but i don't go anywhere unarmed. Somebody tries to rob me and they're going to end up on a slab. I'll kill someone deader that fried chicken if they get froggy and never even blink about it.