Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official NFL 2010-11 Thread
Joe In PA Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I'm still going to bet that 185 lbs going 30mph hits a little harder then 300lbs going 15mph.

300 lbs is if you get tackled by one guy.

Well then we can start getting into different situations, like how often to you get hit by 2 or more players both running at full speed? And how often to linemen get up to full speed like that during a game? Most of the time, aren't they catching the other guy who is running at them?

I mean, I get that it's a really physical sport, I never said it wasn't.

To kinda get on topic, but not really, you guys see the end of the MSU/ND game? And then the MSU coach had a heart attack after the game, he'll miss next weeks game at least.
Quote:
Quote:Joe In PA wrote :

Well then we can start getting into different situations, like how often to you get hit by 2 or more players both running at full speed? And how often to linemen get up to full speed like that during a game? Most of the time, aren't they catching the other guy who is running at them?

To kinda get on topic, but not really, you guys see the end of the MSU/ND game? And then the MSU coach had a heart attack after the game, he'll miss next weeks game at least.

None of these situations and calculations matter as I am never wrong.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I'm still going to bet that 185 lbs going 30mph hits a little harder then 300lbs going 15mph.

[Image: 31625255E.jpg]
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Derick Wrote:it is true that the 185lb @30 guy will exert more force than the 300lb @15 guy. I'm not gonna bore you with the calculations
answer me this......what HURTS more? A 90mph fastball, or a 75mph curveball........the answer is the curve, cause it doesn't just glance off you....

I've played hockey and football, and i got more pain from football hits than hockey
Chip Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

you don't even have to play in the football game to get hurt!
Brampton Wrote:
Derick Wrote:it is true that the 185lb @30 guy will exert more force than the 300lb @15 guy. I'm not gonna bore you with the calculations
answer me this......what HURTS more? A 90mph fastball, or a 75mph curveball........the answer is the curve, cause it doesn't just glance off you....

I've played hockey and football, and i got more pain from football hits than hockey

I've played both too. football is way worse, maybe I was better at hockey, who knows. I do know with a full football helmet, I was knocked unconsious, and woke up in the hospital with chin stitches. the worst injury in hockey, was a slap shot puck to my nose.

Now that I think about it, the slap shot was worse. I was awake, on my hands, and knees crying, melting a hole in the ice with my nose blood. At least with the football, I didn't know what was going on.
Brampton Wrote:

I don't even know who is stearing the debate in this direction. I don't even know what the debate is.
All I said was that there are big hits in hockey also.
Well, that and that football players are rapists, drug dealers, murderers and just all around idiots.

I get the whole strategy stuff in football, and that it's physical.
I just think it's boring.
Watch a play for 3-5 seconds.
Watch the same play over and over again.
Maybe it'll get called back. Maybe it was a huge play. Maybe it was a huge play and will get called back.
Repeat. Over and over again.

Tailgates are the shit though. I'll hit those all day long.
I've already posted too much here.
I really don't want to talk football, so I'll avoid this forum.
Chip Wrote:I've already posted too much here.
thanks......stay in your hockey group

besides Hockey players are probably bigger degenerates if not on par with football players, but you don't hear about it cause they are all in small towns in the middle of nowhere until they hit the NHL.......even then no one really cares..

Being a Canadian and knowing a lot of guys who played major junior hockey, the stuff that they did puts some of the stuff football players do to shame

Now that is a group of rapists!!!!

I'm going to agree with you that football players are no better than the NBA criminals. I'll leave it at that. People like football more, so the crimes are overlooked.

Any normal guy that commits a crime is fucked, unless he knows how to do football moves, or dunk.
Brampton Wrote:

besides Hockey players are probably bigger degenerates if not on par with football players, but you don't hear about it cause they are all in small towns in the middle of nowhere until they hit the NHL.......even then no one really cares..

Being a Canadian and knowing a lot of guys who played major junior hockey, the stuff that they did puts some of the stuff football players do to shame

I like how a Canadian can call bullshit on hockey too. This makes me, be able to go on with my day.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

I like how a Canadian can call bullshit on hockey too. This makes me, be able to go on with my day.
:high5: your welcome
Brampton Wrote:

Depends on where it hits you. if it is solid in the ass, back or upper arm, I will take the curve ANY day.

The only time I have truly felt the air knocked out of me was in football. I played baseball and football up to the semi-pro level and basketball until I graduated high school. I never played hockey b/c I can not ice skate, but I played deck hockey in the fraternity league in college, which is rather rough. Nothing hurts more than a football hit.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Try rugby. Same hits as football, no pads.
Hondo Wrote:Try rugby. Same hits as football, no pads.
Rugby is pretty rough, but due to the style of gameplay you don't get that chance to line someone up and destroy them.......it is pretty nasty at times

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2010 DBN Football pick pool Pete Nice 329 78,806 01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  DBN - 2010 Fantasy League Recap and suggestions Pokes28 8 3,645 12-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Brian
  Dudebronation FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2010 Brampton 28 9,391 12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice