Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today.
Brampton Wrote:Really? thats a little much for a coffee

I know! Must be because the side of the cup says "JOE"
Nussie_T Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I disagree with you Pete. Auto repair is a skilled trade, it takes years to learn and master. And because most people are "too good" to get their hands dirty, so I think its fine

In any business there are charges.......How bout a lawyer who charges $70 for getting stationary, thats ridiculous

I agree with Brampton completely. A really good technician should get paid for what he's worth.

The problem there, real good technicians are few and far between and just b/c they work at a dealer does not mean they are any good.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I just ordered 3 pairs of really cute cords from Victoria Secrets....I got 15.00 off for speding over 100.00 and then I got 25% off each pair just b/c :happy: :happy: Now I have to hope they fit when they get here....that's the only thing about ordering online...
Pete Nice Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I disagree with you Pete. Auto repair is a skilled trade, it takes years to learn and master. And because most people are "too good" to get their hands dirty, so I think its fine

In any business there are charges.......How bout a lawyer who charges $70 for getting stationary, thats ridiculous

I agree with Brampton completely. A really good technician should get paid for what he's worth.

The problem there, real good technicians are few and far between and just b/c they work at a dealer does not mean they are any good.

This is very true. We had a guy that was fully certified, and all he did was burn shit down, and constantly ask me for help. Then he dropped a bolt in a motor, and quit. Then I had to fix that big mess for free.
Pete Nice Wrote:

I don't pay for lawyers either. I have prepaid legal and bought a legal program for like $5 that will produce any legal document I need.

I agree that it is a skilled trade, but if so then why do they fuck shit up so often, take foreever to do simple shit and try to get you to do repairs that are not even needed?
So you lump every trades person together?? Ok.....
Pete Nice Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

I don't know about dealerships, but the shops I worked for were drilling their techs with their sales numbers constantly. We had to find as much shit as we could to get the customer to buy stuff.
Iva13 Wrote:I just ordered 3 pairs of really cute cords from Victoria Secrets....I got 15.00 off for speding over 100.00 and then I got 25% off each pair just b/c :happy: :happy: Now I have to hope they fit when they get here....that's the only thing about ordering online...

:worthlesswopics:

a cord is lingerie right?

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

Oh I know that but there is at least one good technician at every shop regardless if it is a dealership or not. Just because you got a less experience or retarded technician that particular time doesn't mean all your hard earned money is going to that technician.
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I don't pay for lawyers either. I have prepaid legal and bought a legal program for like $5 that will produce any legal document I need.

I agree that it is a skilled trade, but if so then why do they fuck shit up so often, take foreever to do simple shit and try to get you to do repairs that are not even needed?
So you lump every trades person together?? Ok.....

No pretty sure I have only talked about auto mechanics and lawyers so far.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:I just ordered 3 pairs of really cute cords from Victoria Secrets....I got 15.00 off for speding over 100.00 and then I got 25% off each pair just b/c :happy: :happy: Now I have to hope they fit when they get here....that's the only thing about ordering online...

no, they are those pants with lines in them, that make noise when your legs rub together
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

I don't know about dealerships, but the shops I worked for were drilling their techs with their sales numbers constantly. We had to find as much shit as we could to get the customer to buy stuff.

Which is bullshit, if a private shop got a good reputation around town as doing A+ work every time and only fixing what is wrong, they would make just as much money as trying to fix shit that is not broke or does not need fixing, or even worse, breaking shit to make you pay to fix it. Word would spread that they were the place to go and they would get tons of business, making just as much, if not more, money.

Derick Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

no, they are those pants with lines in them, that make noise when your legs rub together

Still

God morning.
JDubb Wrote:God morning.

Jesus morning to you.

Yeah, we don't have to sell extra repairs. We do just fine with fixing whatevr the peoples problem is, and not over repairing. Aside from that one retard that burned that explorer down, we have an excellant reputation here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM
  Thursday, August 11, 2016 ~ Drama Beckster 42 3,758 08-11-2016, 04:08 PM