Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today.
Derick Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I disagree with you Pete. Auto repair is a skilled trade, it takes years to learn and master. And because most people are "too good" to get their hands dirty, so I think its fine

In any business there are charges.......How bout a lawyer who charges $70 for getting stationary, thats ridiculous

I agree with Brampton completely. A really good technician should get paid for what he's worth.
in that case i should be making 100+
Thats in your opinion. I had a chick tech at Canadian Tire and she used to bust tires and change oil. She would come in late, fuck around taking forever to do one job and bitch on how little she made, figured she needed a raise, I was the lucky bitch who got to put her in her place
Joe In PA Wrote:for making bubbles?
thats harder than you think it is
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Joe In PA Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I disagree with you Pete. Auto repair is a skilled trade, it takes years to learn and master. And because most people are "too good" to get their hands dirty, so I think its fine

In any business there are charges.......How bout a lawyer who charges $70 for getting stationary, thats ridiculous

I agree with Brampton completely. A really good technician should get paid for what he's worth.

It doesn't take a skilled technician an hour to read the codes. If the shop rate is $80 an hour (which is cheap these days) and it takes an average tech a half hour then it should be $40. That's still fair since it should take like 10 mins to actually do.

Back when they started reading codes those machines cost between $2,000 and $5,000 and you had the choice of 3 different manufactures. Now you can buy a consumer grade scanner for $150.
we don't charge just to pull codes.....thats bullshit.....we charge to check the light and do preliminary diagnosis
Brampton Wrote:I ask a guy at work to pick me up a McD's breakfast combo w/ a medium coffee. I say don't get me anything if they are done with breakfast.

I give him 6 bucks

He comes back with a tims coffee :barf: , and its a small! It cost me $2...... :wtf:

McDonalds coffee is $1.06
Nussie_T Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

in that case i should be making 100+
Thats in your opinion. I had a chick tech at Canadian Tire and she used to bust tires and change oil. She would come in late, fuck around taking forever to do one job and bitch on how little she made, figured she needed a raise, I was the lucky bitch who got to put her in her place
:high5:
Joe In PA Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I ask a guy at work to pick me up a McD's breakfast combo w/ a medium coffee. I say don't get me anything if they are done with breakfast.

I give him 6 bucks

He comes back with a tims coffee :barf: , and its a small! It cost me $2...... Wtf

I should tell you he's Mexican.....shouldn't I!
Nussie_T Wrote:Thats in your opinion. I had a chick tech at Canadian Tire and she used to bust tires and change oil. She would come in late, fuck around taking forever to do one job and bitch on how little she made, figured she needed a raise, I was the lucky bitch who got to put her in her place
I show up on time, get my job done, plus all the work for another lab, while they fuck around waiting for me. The only difference is, that if I worked on the industry side, I would be making 100+, but since i work on the academic side, that will never happen ever
Derick Wrote:

No way man. I used to make volcanos in grade school. Vinegar and baking soda!
Joe In PA Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

No way man. I used to make volcanos in grade school. Vinegar and baking soda!
now lets say you wanted a volcano with a specific explosion, someone has to calculate the proper ratio of vinegar to baking soda
Joe In PA Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

It doesn't take a skilled technician an hour to read the codes. If the shop rate is $80 an hour (which is cheap these days) and it takes an average tech a half hour then it should be $40. That's still fair since it should take like 10 mins to actually do.

Back when they started reading codes those machines cost between $2,000 and $5,000 and you had the choice of 3 different manufactures. Now you can buy a consumer grade scanner for $150.

if you are being charged an hour to look up codes from an automotive dealer then you are the dumbass. Canadian Tire where I ran the shop only charged a half hour of the door rate which was $87 at the time. Maxim, where I work now has a door rate of $112 charges .7 of an hour.
Brampton Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

I give him 6 bucks

He comes back with a tims coffee :barf: , and its a small! It cost me $2...... :wtf:

While I'm on the subject, why the fuck is Burger King coffee $2.11? They don't even put the cream and sugar in the coffee for you and they charge double!
Joe In PA Wrote:Go to an auto parts store like autozone and they read the codes for free.

:high5: That's where I go
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Joe In PA Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

I give him 6 bucks

He comes back with a tims coffee :barf: , and its a small! It cost me $2...... Wtf

While I'm on the subject, why the fuck is Burger King coffee $2.11? They don't even put the cream and sugar in the coffee for you and they charge double!
Really? thats a little much for a coffee
Brampton Wrote:hey Beckster.....I've proposed a trade in the Football league.....just so you know

I'll check it out when I grab my lunch.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

I don't pay for lawyers either. I have prepaid legal and bought a legal program for like $5 that will produce any legal document I need.

I agree that it is a skilled trade, but if so then why do they fuck shit up so often, take foreever to do simple shit and try to get you to do repairs that are not even needed?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM
  Thursday, August 11, 2016 ~ Drama Beckster 42 3,758 08-11-2016, 04:08 PM