Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:Leneve, do you work on Ford Escape Hybrids much? The one a drive at work has the check engine light flashing and is misfiring. It won't go over 50 mph either. Any ideas?
Its possible its having a trans issue......10b15 might cover it.
Is there a way to turn the key to find out the error code?

I bought one of those code readers. Fuck the dealer. Those motherfuckers charge you at least $80 just to read the code, fucking rip off.

only 72 dollars here, for 10 minutes worth of work. CHA - CHING!!!!!!!
Pete Nice Wrote:I bought one of those code readers. Fuck the dealer. Those motherfuckers charge you at least $80 just to read the code, fucking rip off.
Doesn't matter to me, I'm not paying for it.
Brian in NY Wrote:The vehicles are supplied by a contractor and getting shit fixed is a pain in the ass so I'm waiting to hear back from our vehicle coordinator.
Now that stuff sucks.....I hate having to deal with the fleet companies :killme:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:Leneve, do you work on Ford Escape Hybrids much? The one a drive at work has the check engine light flashing and is misfiring. It won't go over 50 mph either. Any ideas?

I bought one of those code readers. Fuck the dealer. Those motherfuckers charge you at least $80 just to read the code, fucking rip off.

It's funny, I would use my code reader and see what the problem was on my saturn or my wife's car and if I could fix it, I would, otherwise I would take it to the dealer and TELL them what the problem was. They would always say "how do you know that?" and I would tell them to just fix it and not to charge me the $80+ for the diagnostic check. Fucking cocksuckers.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Brampton Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:The vehicles are supplied by a contractor and getting shit fixed is a pain in the ass so I'm waiting to hear back from our vehicle coordinator.
Now that stuff sucks.....I hate having to deal with the fleet companies :killme:

fleet companies can suck my nuts.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Its possible its having a trans issue......10b15 might cover it.

It's funny, I would use my code reader and see what the problem was on my saturn or my wife's car and if I could fix it, I would, otherwise I would take it to the dealer and TELL them what the problem was. They would always say "how do you know that?" and I would tell them to just fix it and not to charge me the $80+ for the diagnostic check. Fucking cocksuckers.
your my favorite customer.....especially when the code doesn't give you the fix, and your still stuck :high5:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Its possible its having a trans issue......10b15 might cover it.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Guess what, EVERY time my code reader was right. SUCK IT!!!

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:It's funny, I would use my code reader and see what the problem was on my saturn or my wife's car and if I could fix it, I would, otherwise I would take it to the dealer and TELL them what the problem was. They would always say "how do you know that?" and I would tell them to just fix it and not to charge me the $80+ for the diagnostic check. Fucking cocksuckers.
On my Dodge, turn the key from off to on 4 times and the code is displayed in the odometer.
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:Is there a way to turn the key to find out the error code?

your my favorite customer.....especially when the code doesn't give you the fix, and your still stuck :high5:

See above post.

As you can tell, I am not a fan of dealer overcharge. Brampton, you and LeNeve are my boys, but you have to admit, car repair is a fucking rip off.

Brian in NY Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:It's funny, I would use my code reader and see what the problem was on my saturn or my wife's car and if I could fix it, I would, otherwise I would take it to the dealer and TELL them what the problem was. They would always say "how do you know that?" and I would tell them to just fix it and not to charge me the $80+ for the diagnostic check. Fucking cocksuckers.
On my Dodge, turn the key from off to on 4 times and the code is displayed in the odometer.

You can buy one for $75 and website support and online reading info is free for life. I can find the website when I get home tonight.

The check engine light is on on my Hyundai too. It's just an emissions idiot light, a sensor or something. It's been on for 3 months, I need to get that fixed soon.
I disagree with you Pete. Auto repair is a skilled trade, it takes years to learn and master. And because most people are "too good" to get their hands dirty, so I think its fine

In any business there are charges.......How bout a lawyer who charges $70 for getting stationary, thats ridiculous
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

Go to an auto parts store like autozone and they read the codes for free.
so i needed something fixed on my old truck. Since it was new, I unplugged the left cam sensor so the truck would throw a code and they would fix what was wrong. I took it to the dealer they told me it was the alternator. I told them not to replace the alternator, but they ended up fixing the real "problem"
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
hey Beckster.....I've proposed a trade in the Football league.....just so you know

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM
  Thursday, August 11, 2016 ~ Drama Beckster 42 3,758 08-11-2016, 04:08 PM