Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Repair
michaelangelo Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:So I called the repair shop and they want $150 to come out. Once they are there I have to pay for labor, but the $150 goes towards the labor. I asked how long it would take and they couldn't tell me. I asked what their labor rate is and they said they don't have a rate. I asked if it was going to cost over $300 and they couldn't tell me.

I called Samsung and told them I'm not playing the repairmen guessing game and I'd much rather go to arbitration over it and they agreed to pay labor as well if I agreed to take the TV to the rair shop.

The only down side is the shop is in Baltimore and open from 8-4 M-F. (Hour and a half away)
so, you'd have to take a day off work to go there? Confusedwoot: what are you going to do?
Nah, I'll take in there in the morning and get to work late. I work enough hours during the week to where I can miss a few for a day.
Joe In PA Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:So I called the repair shop and they want $150 to come out. Once they are there I have to pay for labor, but the $150 goes towards the labor. I asked how long it would take and they couldn't tell me. I asked what their labor rate is and they said they don't have a rate. I asked if it was going to cost over $300 and they couldn't tell me.

I called Samsung and told them I'm not playing the repairmen guessing game and I'd much rather go to arbitration over it and they agreed to pay labor as well if I agreed to take the TV to the rair shop.

The only down side is the shop is in Baltimore and open from 8-4 M-F. (Hour and a half away)
so, you'd have to take a day off work to go there? Confusedwoot: what are you going to do?
Nah, I'll take in there in the morning and get to work late. I work enough hours during the week to where I can miss a few for a day.

That is total bullshit, they should cover everything. Samsung covered every part and every last penny for labor. Repair guy was there at the exact time they said and took about 45 minutes. I couldn't have asked for better service.
DaveP Wrote:That is total bullshit, they should cover everything. Samsung covered every part and every last penny for labor. Repair guy was there at the exact time they said and took about 45 minutes. I couldn't have asked for better service.

Yeah, but it is out of warranty. The only reason I made a big deal out of it was because I found a forum that had 38,000 hits on the axact same problem.
So the TV repair people called me today to tell me they just started working on the TV. I kind of thought I'd be picking it up today, but whatever. Then the guy tells me there isn't anything wrong with the tv! :Flaming:

Maybe the drive there bumped it around enough to make it work, but I know sure as shit once it gets plugged back in at my house it's going to be a problem all over again.
Just like when you take your car the the shop and it stops making the weird noise you took it there for.
DaveP Wrote:Just like when you take your car the the shop and it stops making the weird noise you took it there for.

That happens all the time. It makes me feel bad that the people had to take time out of there day, and be without a car for nothing.
Joe Wrote:So the TV repair people called me today to tell me they just started working on the TV. I kind of thought I'd be picking it up today, but whatever. Then the guy tells me there isn't anything wrong with the tv! :Flaming:

Maybe the drive there bumped it around enough to make it work, but I know sure as shit once it gets plugged back in at my house it's going to be a problem all over again.
So, is it working now?
michaelangelo Wrote:
Joe Wrote:So the TV repair people called me today to tell me they just started working on the TV. I kind of thought I'd be picking it up today, but whatever. Then the guy tells me there isn't anything wrong with the tv! :Flaming:

So, is it working now?
I don't know. I told the guy to leave it on for a few hours. I'm not driving 2 and a half hours to pick it up only to have to take it back.
Joe Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:

So, is it working now?
I don't know. I told the guy to leave it on for a few hours. I'm not driving 2 and a half hours to pick it up only to have to take it back.
That would piss me off, did you tell him to try a standard def channel instead of hd?
michaelangelo Wrote:That would piss me off, did you tell him to try a standard def channel instead of hd?

Yeah, I went through all of that with them. When I talked to them again today they told me they ordered new digital and analog boards for the TV. Those were the parts I was going to buy on my own if they weren't going to pay for it so I feel pretty good about my skills now.
So do you have a TV yet?
DaveP Wrote:So do you have a TV yet?

Yes. It took like a week to get the parts in, but I got it back. The funny thing was the TV was fine in their office. Luckily I took picutes of it when it was messed up. I showed them the pictures and they were confused what it could have been. They basically just replaced all of the boards in the tv. It's been working for a week and a half with no issues so far.

The guy said the repair would have cost $500 to $600 if Samsung didn't cover it.
Joe Wrote:

Yes. It took like a week to get the parts in, but I got it back. The funny thing was the TV was fine in their office. Luckily I took picutes of it when it was messed up. I showed them the pictures and they were confused what it could have been. They basically just replaced all of the boards in the tv. It's been working for a week and a half with no issues so far.

The guy said the repair would have cost $500 to $600 if Samsung didn't cover it.
That's almost the cost of a new set.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Joe Wrote:

It is pretty ridiculous that they don't just ship a new set and refurbish the broken one in the factory. Sounds like you had the same repairs as me.. would have been cheaper just to give me a new one.