Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday 9/8/10 .... seriously, where did summer go?
Chip Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:What are your house lanes like; oily, medium, or dry? We have medium lanes so my left hook breaks out from the 3-6 boards throughout the night. I haven't played since my back surgery 2 yrs ago, but I miss it something fierce(the card games too)! I gotta get back in the game!!!

They're medium. It was the first week, and they're still trying to figure out what teams are coming back, and it turned out the team we were supposed to bowl against didn't show up. And the 2 girls on our team are lefties. So with only 2 of us using the right side, the oil didn't break down or move around too much.
In my league we have a guy who bowls in a wheel chair, so you can't let a little surgery stop you.
There is no reason why I can't bowl. Doc says that my back is good to go, but I think it's mental. I'd hate to come back & squeeze out a 450 series & by the end of the year be back up to my 197 form. I'd be the sand-bagger for sure!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
Summer ended like someone flipped the switch to off. 80s and hot last week 60-70s and cool this week. I'm kinda hoping we jump straight to Indian summer by this weekend. I don't need my mom's surprise party rained out!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:Hey, I'm ready for the fall to be here.
My bowling league started back up last night. So it's starting to feel like fall.
1st game - 168
2nd game - 183
3rd game - 226
Not too bad for having not bowled in months.

Is this you sober or under the influence score?? :poke:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:What are your house lanes like; oily, medium, or dry? We have medium lanes so my left hook breaks out from the 3-6 boards throughout the night. I haven't played since my back surgery 2 yrs ago, but I miss it something fierce(the card games too)! I gotta get back in the game!!!

They're medium. It was the first week, and they're still trying to figure out what teams are coming back, and it turned out the team we were supposed to bowl against didn't show up. And the 2 girls on our team are lefties. So with only 2 of us using the right side, the oil didn't break down or move around too much.
In my league we have a guy who bowls in a wheel chair, so you can't let a little surgery stop you.
There is no reason why I can't bowl. Doc says that my back is good to go, but I think it's mental. I'd hate to come back & squeeze out a 450 series & by the end of the year be back up to my 197 form. I'd be the sand-bagger for sure!!!

Hey, if that happens, it's not your fault. Of course it'll take you a couple months to get back into it. And if the only side effect is that you win more money, oh well.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Hey, I'm ready for the fall to be here.
My bowling league started back up last night. So it's starting to feel like fall.
1st game - 168
2nd game - 183
3rd game - 226
Not too bad for having not bowled in months.

Is this you sober or under the influence score?? :poke:

Well, the more I drank, the better I did. So it's kinda hard to argue.
But really, I didn't drink that much.
Chip Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Hey, if that happens, it's not your fault. Of course it'll take you a couple months to get back into it. And if the only side effect is that you win more money, oh well.
LoL...yes I would be a sought after commodity my 1st year back!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
eddieyourdj Wrote:LoL...yes I would be a sought after commodity my 1st year back!!!
dont call it a comeback
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Texas Fan Wrote::nothingtoadd:

You able to keep that online player working?
I HATE PIE!!
:tater:
Pete married an Asian woman? Wtf
Brian in NY Wrote:Pete married an Asian woman? Wtf

Russia is a part of Asia... :duh:
I HATE PIE!!
Derick Wrote::tater:

:douche:
I HATE PIE!!

Russia is kinda in Asia, so I can see that logic.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

Russia is a part of Asia... :duh:
They were doing Chinese accents when they were talking, so no, not Russian.
i thought russia was in europe not asia

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM
  Wednesday, August 16, 2016 - Jersey Joe 16 1,601 08-18-2016, 10:04 AM