Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-18-10 Wednesday....Good Morning Sunshine!!!
So I have plumbers getting back to be with quotes on installing my replacement water heater. How can they justify $600 to install a new water heater? There is a pipe coming in and a pipe coming out if the heater that has to be connected. There's also a propane hose that has to be screwed in. I see an hour and a half of work there. Do plumbers make more than doctors and lawyers now?
Joe In PA Wrote:So I have plumbers getting back to be with quotes on installing my replacement water heater. How can they justify $600 to install a new water heater? There is a pipe coming in and a pipe coming out if the heater that has to be connected. There's also a propane hose that has to be screwed in. I see an hour and a half of work there. Do plumbers make more than doctors and lawyers now?

Do they legally need special equipment to work with the propane?

I only bring that up because I think that's what makes car's AC work so much.
Joe In PA Wrote:So I have plumbers getting back to be with quotes on installing my replacement water heater. How can they justify $600 to install a new water heater? There is a pipe coming in and a pipe coming out if the heater that has to be connected. There's also a propane hose that has to be screwed in. I see an hour and a half of work there. Do plumbers make more than doctors and lawyers now?
Most of the time, the idiots that you hire know less about what they are doing than you, so I do most of this shit myself. I replaced my hot water heater a week and a half ago. It's pretty simple......one cold shower and an hour and a half later I had hot water.
tools required. Pipe cutter, copper pipe, torch, lead, sandpaper, wrench. job done
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness

One of my good friends is a plumber. I'm not sure how much he makes, he has a dope mercedes though. He seems to do very well.
The girl in work just got a hot water heater from Sears and if they installed it it would be an additional $259.00....but her husband knew someone who did it form them for free.

They make a good living for being tards.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

They make a good living for being tards.
It's all the "emergency calls" that they charge quadruple for.
Derick Wrote:tools required. Pipe cutter, copper pipe, torch, lead, sandpaper, wrench. job done

Yeah, look on youtube.. do it yourself.
Hi Sara. (shes lurking somewhere)
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
I love hearing people complain about what tradesmen charge...........If you don't like it, do it yourself, and don't complain!
If people haven't signed up for fantasy football, sign up now.....there are 6 spots available
Brampton Wrote:I love hearing people complain about what tradesmen charge...........If you don't like it, do it yourself, and don't complain!
:high5:
Brampton Wrote:I love hearing people complain about what tradesmen charge...........If you don't like it, do it yourself, and don't complain!

those damn mechanics charge way too much.
DaveP Wrote:

those damn mechanics charge way too much.
only some of us.........we got to recoup our losses from the tools, warranty work, or jobs that pay too little :happy:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Friday, August 26, 2016 ~ Chilly Friday Morning Beckster 1 467 08-26-2016, 02:41 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM