Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you skydive?
I'm afraid of climbing a ladder.
Joe In PA Wrote:I'm afraid of climbing a ladder.
My limit on a ladder is around 30ft up. On a lift, maybe 50 or 60.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:

3 ft.
Joe In PA Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:

3 ft.
Pussy :j/k:
negadave Wrote:You ever gone? would you?
No and no.

the real reason the deck never got finished
DaveP Wrote:

the real reason the deck never got finished

This is partially true.
I'm not afraid of ladders, I've watched my buddy fall off them plenty enough. It was funny as hell each time though. Unfortunately, a guy at work fell off a ladder almost a year ago. He fractured his eye socket and shattered his wrist. The surgeon referred to the bone fragments as "corn flakes" it's so bad. He's a little guy and they said that he is lucky he wasn't injured worse. He's still in recovery, though.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Ummmmm.......NO!!!! I don't like heights...when I go to the baseball stadium, I feel like I'm just going to fall off and tumble down the stairs....
Iva13 Wrote:Ummmmm.......NO!!!! I don't like heights...when I go to the baseball stadium, I feel like I'm just going to fall off and tumble down the stairs....
So in other words you're not willing to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
I have gone 3 times. Its an amazing rush, the only weird thing is doing tandem jumps. If i had the time and money I would definitely get my license. Once you have a license its only like $30 for each jump. That kicks the shit out of an amusement park.

Oddly enough I still am scared shitless of ladders over 6 feet.
Jersey_Mike Wrote:I have gone 3 times. Its an amazing rush, the only weird thing is doing tandem jumps. If i had the time and money I would definitely get my license. Once you have a license its only like $30 for each jump. That kicks the shit out of an amusement park.

We used to work for a builder that went all the time. like every weekend. I heard a story that one time his chute fucked up. His secondary one came out and he landed in some water.

I think i'd have a heart attack and die before i hit the ground.

You went 3 times? Is there anything else you can do now that gives you that kind of rush? Skiing, wakeboarding, driving fast ect..... or does all that type of stuff just seem lame in comparison now?

You know you must have incling of doubt if the chute will open or not right before you pull it
negadave Wrote:Is there anything else you can do now that gives you that kind of rush?

No
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
negadave Wrote:Is there anything else you can do now that gives you that kind of rush?

No

Correct. Its such a break from normal reality for me. I am a pretty cautious person. I surf/snowboard...but never anywhere crazy. I don't drive fast at all (well i definitely go over the speed limit, but not by much)

I think that was one of the big selling points for me, just being able to let go.

I guess I would have had that fear if i was jumping alone, but the instructor was so calm that i just enjoyed it.

I'm sure Pete can tell all types of Airborne school stories about chutes not fully opening, but not all that much can go wrong...and if ur with soemone experienced they can get out of most problems...or ur dead...
negadave Wrote:
Jersey_Mike Wrote:I have gone 3 times. Its an amazing rush, the only weird thing is doing tandem jumps. If i had the time and money I would definitely get my license. Once you have a license its only like $30 for each jump. That kicks the shit out of an amusement park.

I think i'd have a heart attack and die before i hit the ground.

That is my fear. Clutching my chest falling out of the sky not able to pull the schute.