Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday, April 28, 2014 ~ Caffeine
according to the latest census data. Kick Ass Town population has grown, not from minorities multiplying either, and is now Kick Ass City. so thats even better
So I've found a couple quick articles about a new Barracuda, and this is about it.

And I can't tell if it will really be called a Barracuda or not.

WHAT IT IS: A rear-drive coupe and convertible that will replace at least the Dodge Challenger SRT8 if not the whole Challenger lineup.

PLATFORM: Significantly smaller and lighter than the current Chrysler 300–based Challenger, the Barracuda will sport a strut front suspension and multilink rear. The 'Cuda's new platform is engineered for global markets and will also underpin Alfa Romeo, Lancia, and Maserati coupes, sedans, and spiders
I'm extremely under whelmed about that barracuda
I feel like they are just going to take all the cool parts from their existing production, and smoosh it all together until it looks okay. and call it a barracuda. low production costs, parts inter-change-a-hillbillity. all that good profit raising stuff.

Ford does it. I can barely tell them apart anymore.

each of these catergories has 2 or more different models, and I can't tell most apart, without seeing the badges.
cars, mid size SUV things, pickups, and super big penis pickups.
LeNeve Wrote:I'm extremely under whelmed about that barracuda

The first time I heard about that car, it was some exec. hinting that it will have more HP then the Viper.
So... there's that.

"We have a situation where, you know—we may have a situation—where the flagship car is not the most powerful car in our arsenal;"
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I'm extremely under whelmed about that barracuda

The first time I heard about that car, it was some exec. hinting that it will have more HP then the Viper.
So... there's that.

"We have a situation where, you know—we may have a situation—where the flagship car is not the most powerful car in our arsenal;"

that situation, sure. that would be cool.

but is it just a car that has more power than the viper, but just spins around and burns up the tires everytime you get on it
LeNeve Wrote:I feel like they are just going to take all the cool parts from their existing production, and smoosh it all together until it looks okay. and call it a barracuda. low production costs, parts inter-change-a-hillbillity. all that good profit raising stuff.

each of these catergories has 2 or more different models, and I can't tell most apart, without seeing the badges.

These SUV/Mini-vans/Cross overs/station wagons are getting out of control.
They do look all the same.
like a full on viper replacement. not just more power than a viper. everything that will use that power to get around a track quicker than everyone else.

are vipers discontinued now? I feel like I read that somewhere.
LeNeve Wrote:like a full on viper replacement. not just more power than a viper. everything that will use that power to get around a track quicker than everyone else.

are vipers discontinued now? I feel like I read that somewhere.

Not a Viper replacement, just the SRT version of this new car could have more HP.
I think they make the Viper for a couple years, then stop for a couple years as they redesign it.
Vipers...
First Gen: 1992-1995
Second Gen: 1996-2002
Third Gen: 2003-2006
Fourth Gen: 2008-2010
Fifth Gen: 2013-now

So, I guess I remembered that right.
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I feel like they are just going to take all the cool parts from their existing production, and smoosh it all together until it looks okay. and call it a barracuda. low production costs, parts inter-change-a-hillbillity. all that good profit raising stuff.

These SUV/Mini-vans/Cross overs/station wagons are getting out of control.
They do look all the same.

I had an oil change on a 2014 escape AKA Kuga, last week. and I walked around looking for it, and couldn't find it, until I made it honk. Then I was surprised, because I looked at it several times, but thought it was some sort of KIA or honda, or toyota, etc...

The only thing it didn't look like was Ford Escape. the ones Im used to anyway.
they all looked like this for 10 years at least.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4xSpoF_Rw0WGd-2Oi2re...NMLkKz7rcY]
I just went on the Ford website, and it looks like they have 3 different SUV/cross overs the same size.
Edge, Flex and Explorer.
LeNeve Wrote:they all looked like this for 10 years at least.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4xSpoF_Rw0WGd-2Oi2re...NMLkKz7rcY]

The new ones are everywhere around here, so it's kind of obvious when new designs come out.
or maybe I read in the next couple year, then they are pulling the plug on viper permanently.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT