Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday 7/19...1 more day, who's with me
eddieyourdj Wrote:Ha! We can't afford something new. I'm factoring in that the 1st few years will have a few fender benders. So a nice used car is good!!!
you realize that is a 1 piece fiberglass body, there is no such thing as a minor fender bender
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:Actually my thoughts are for my son who will be 16 next year. Maybe too much car for a teenager!!!

No way in hell should a teenager drive something with that much power... Think of it this way: A cop at a speed trap is going to see the red vette and then the kid and he's going to be targeted. Plus, cars like that are built to go fast. I'd be getting the kid some cheap hooptie instead.

those model vettes are pretty much cheap hoopties, they just look fancy. It's kind of like a super hot chick, that has AIDS.
eddieyourdj Wrote:.......or maybe for my midlife crisis & he gets the '07 Yukon. There I said it!!!

And can he afford to keep the Yukon gassed up??
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:Actually my thoughts are for my son who will be 16 next year. Maybe too much car for a teenager!!!
thats way too much car for some 30 year olds.

get him a $500 car that doesn't have 100 hp
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Yeah, just a bit.

Get him a gremlin

or a pinto
better chance of him getting killed in a pinto
eddieyourdj Wrote:.......or maybe for my midlife crisis & he gets the '07 Yukon. There I said it!!!

And can he afford to keep the Yukon gassed up??
my f150 v8 would use $125 a week in gas. the answer is probably no
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I'd be buying myself something like this::

[Image: 1970_ford_mustang_mach_1-pic-8486717679699869293.jpeg]

:boobs: :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:
ditch the chrome rims and the front licence plate shit.....and we're talking
A tank of gas in my Yukon last 2 weeks. Our city is not that big. He just turned 15 last month. He is already planning on a full academic free ride at college!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
eddieyourdj Wrote:A tank of gas in my Yukon last 2 weeks. Our city is not that big. He just turned 15 last month. He is already planning on a full academic free ride at college!!!
full rides, are not free. books, housing, food, gas, beer, shit adds up quick. But then again, you'll be paying for most of that anyway
eddieyourdj Wrote:A tank of gas in my Yukon last 2 weeks. Our city is not that big. He just turned 15 last month. He is already planning on a full academic free ride at college!!!

Eddie, he's a kid. He's inevitably going to do something stupid. Buy him a cheap car he can afford to take care of for now. He's bound to wreck it anyway. He can have a nice ride later, when he's more mature and making good money.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Derick Wrote:
full rides, are not free. books, housing, food, gas, beer, shit adds up quick. But then again, you'll be paying for most of that anyway
Covers everything & if you know the system, you can actually make money!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
:high5:

Just make sure he doesn't knock anyone up in that vette.

Eddie, he's a kid. He's inevitably going to do something stupid. Buy him a cheap car he can afford to take care of for now. He's bound to wreck it anyway. He can have a nice ride later, when he's more mature and making good money.
here is a swooze story. We hired a kid 18ish just started college to work the dock at fedex, made good money. Decided that he wanted to buy a motorcycle, he got a pretty small bike, not really anything that would interest me. I offered to help him learn to ride it, never took me up on that offer. Fine whatever. One day he was out with some freinds showing off, ran into a concrete wall, he stopped by fedex about 6 months ago. He had just gotten out of the rehab facility after 18 months, could not function on his own, his eyes would look in different directions, kid was fucked up. All because he had a toy and was showing off. Kids are going to do stupid shit. Time to be a responsible parent.
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
no it doesnt. But believe what you want, what the hell do I know about college. Oh and in the interest of being a good parent, you should probably plan for that full ride not happening. Just in case.
Derick Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
no it doesnt. But believe what you want, what the hell do I know about college

FEDEXOFF!!!!!!!!!!
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM