Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday, April 12th, 2012 - Don't call it a come back.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:How long does a bad bruise take to heal? I hurt my hand ove a week ago and it is still just as sore now as it was then.

It depends on the size of the contusion, but a bruise is basically damaged blood vessels underneath the skin, often caused by blunt force. Blood leaks from the vessels into the tissue, hence the purple/blue/green color. Minor bruises go away in a few days or weeks. More severe bruises take longer to heal. If you wish to speed up the healing, or reduce inflammation, you can take NSAIDs (such as Aleve), and take vitamins, or eat lots of fruit. Vitamin C helps to heal wounds. Arnica gel and ice can be used as well to ease swelling and reduce pain.
I know basic sewing. I can fix a button or a ripped seam. I have used a sewing machine, but I need someone to set it up for me.

I gotta work in order for bills to get paid, so this expecting women to do all that traditional stuff is bullshit. I'm more ok with it when there situation is she's home all day and not working.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I know basic sewing. I can fix a button or a ripped seam. I have used a sewing machine, but I need someone to set it up for me.

I gotta work in order for bills to get paid, so this expecting women to do all that traditional stuff is bullshit. I'm more ok with it when there situation is she's home all day and not working.

I was sooo tempted to add baking skills in there
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:How long does a bad bruise take to heal? I hurt my hand ove a week ago and it is still just as sore now as it was then.

It depends on the size of the contusion, but a bruise is basically damaged blood vessels underneath the skin, often caused by blunt force. Blood leaks from the vessels into the tissue, hence the purple/blue/green color. Minor bruises go away in a few days or weeks. More severe bruises take longer to heal. If you wish to speed up the healing, or reduce inflammation, you can take NSAIDs (such as Aleve), and take vitamins, or eat lots of fruit. Vitamin C helps to heal wounds. Arnica gel and ice can be used as well to ease swelling and reduce pain.

A: You copied all of that didn't you?
B: There is no coloration. I crushed my hand and it feels like I either fractured it or bruised the bone bad... I personally prefer to think that it's just a bad bruise.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
i can see your sig now joe
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I know basic sewing. I can fix a button or a ripped seam. I have used a sewing machine, but I need someone to set it up for me.

I was sooo tempted to add baking skills in there

Let's set this straight, for the record, I do bake, BUT I have only made approximately 2 pies in my time and one of those was done while I was still in highschool.
I HATE PIE!!
I need to find a girl who makes pumpkin cheese cakes. Beckster's baking comment made me crave them.
[Image: 6925365510_08277179e9.jpg]
I HATE PIE!!
My ex would never go to places that I've been to with other women. She wouldn't even eat at places I went on dates with other girls.

The girl I'm dating now doesn't give a shit where I've been or who I've done and where I did it. It's so much easier to live a normal life.
I did find a beautiful winery in New Jersey that was by far the best place I've ever eaten. I took a girl there to propose to her. Now I can't ever go back.
Umm... Is this thing on?
Joe Wrote:Umm... Is this thing on?
[smiley]hi[/smiley]
Brampton Wrote:was there hockey on last night?

musta missed it. I was watching mad men, what a great show

Jim and I have been catching up on NCIS. We are up to season 7 now. I only knew hockey was on because Pete blew up my FB account.
Chip Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:So how about Axl being good old Axl?
?????

Guns N Roses are getting into the Hall of Fame.
And he wrote some letter, turning it down.

I heard an interview on the 60 second Rock Report and he was saying that Guns N Roses don't deserve to be in the HOF because he believes there are more deserving bands than them.
A rumor was going around saying the original GNR were together for the induction but was not confirmed.
Chip Wrote:Dead in here today.

I had to work today. I started at 10:00 am and finished at 1:30pm. I think I may take a nap now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Guess who's back NussieT 1 395 09-12-2016, 03:12 PM
  Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - Back Beckster 1 540 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip