Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 01/18/15 - NFL issues!?
sweatpant shorts saved his life. because he was so relaxed wearing them I guess.
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:But I don't know what made him lose control, maybe he was listening to Eric Carman.

Dip in the road?

I imagine when you're going that fast just about anything could do it. A big enough crack that could act like a little ramp, anything.

I remember seeing a video of a car trying to hit 200 on a runway. I think it was one of those sporty Nissans.
But they had to remove the wing to cut down on drag and the parachute didn't open and as soon as he hit the breaks he spun out because there wasn't enough downforce.
LeNeve Wrote:sweatpant shorts saved his life. because he was so relaxed wearing them I guess.

I'm going to get some of those. I bet they contributed to his success which helped him afford a Lamborgini.
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Never mind. I read he hit a guard rail.

You can hear the scraping of the car against the guard rail. The bumps after that must be them going through the ditch. I assume they died.

Nope they are alive.

They are lucky. Jim hit the NOS on his truck once on the highway, it wasn't busy but I was still really pissed off at him.
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Was the NFL always this fucked up? Or could it be that I'm actually paying attention to it now? I still don't have a favorite NFL team... however Chris Matthews & John Ryan both used to play for the Bombers so I will be cheering for the Seahawks.

I have no idea.
But everywhere you went around here, people were complaining about "the call" that screwed the Lions against Dallas. There were even billboards about it.
Then just as everyone was starting to calm down, Dallas ended up losing because of some call so that got everyone riled up again saying "see, you can lose a game because of one call!"

That whole deal was a load of bullshit.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Maybe I made up the part about the wing. But still, it didn't have enough downforce to brake.

[youtube]f2hQw49Q6Kk[/youtube]

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/10953...open-video
Chips making shit up. what a dick.
The fastest ever lost grip was on a winding road doing 80-90. The curves are generally taken at 20mph so I never had a chance. I went partially off the road sideways about 4 times and never hit a thing. I did get hit by the passenger though.
LeNeve Wrote:Chips making shit up. what a dick.

During World War II, the United States created a bomb that carried hundreds of bats. Each bat carried a small incendiary charge, and they would be released from the bomb in mid air to fly into different buildings in the area before detonation.
Joe Wrote:The fastest ever lost grip was on a winding road doing 80-90. The curves are generally taken at 20mph so I never had a chance. I went partially off the road sideways about 4 times and never hit a thing. I did get hit by the passenger though.

same here. when we finally stopped, we all just looked at each other, all freaked out. Then through all our beer in the ditch and hauled ass out of there.

not sure why we through the beer out, seemed like the best thing to do at the time.
Chip Wrote:

During World War II, the United States created a bomb that carried hundreds of bats. Each bat carried a small incendiary charge, and they would be released from the bomb in mid air to fly into different buildings in the area before detonation.

i really want this to be true.
Chip Wrote:Maybe I made up the part about the wing. But still, it didn't have enough downforce to brake.

[youtube]f2hQw49Q6Kk[/youtube]

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/10953...open-video

There is one of those sitting outside my window.

You know that guy went home and cried just out of sheer appreciation for life.
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

i really want this to be true.

It is.
Along with bombs guided by pigeons.
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:The fastest ever lost grip was on a winding road doing 80-90. The curves are generally taken at 20mph so I never had a chance. I went partially off the road sideways about 4 times and never hit a thing. I did get hit by the passenger though.

same here. when we finally stopped, we all just looked at each other, all freaked out. Then through all our beer in the ditch and hauled ass out of there.

not sure why we through the beer out, seemed like the best thing to do at the time.

Beer is exactly what I would do after that.
LeNeve Wrote:

One time in high school, on a snowy day, me and a friend went hooning around in my '86 Aerostar.
We were on this dirt road, covered in snow and I started swerving back and forth until I lost control. We didn't tip over, but it felt like we were going to.
But we slid off the road, and somehow managed to slide into the only driveway on the road. Otherwise we would have been in the ditch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT