Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 7/08/2013 - GTFO
I need a punching bag. I still just want to hit someone\something.
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:The lasting reminder of the whole weekend will definitely be losing two friends over the whole thing. It's a bummer because I really only have those two guys as close friends here. I've actually been friends with them for like 16 years or so. They are brothers and I'm pretty sure they are going to stick together on how they feel. I on the other hand, can hold a grudge for a lifetime and I don't back down when I know I'm right.

well, at least they didn't run your quad to the bulk fuel station

I'm glad you understood her story. I'm still scratching my head.
Ten Things You Need to Know Today: July 8, 2013
editorial.huffingtonpost.com First

Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:

1. 40 KILLED, HUNDREDS WOUNDED IN CAIRO ATTACK
A ministry official says gunmen targeted supporters of former president Mohammed Morsi holding a sit-in outside a military building.

2. CRASH PILOT HAD LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH BOEING PLANE
The pilot was guiding a 777 into the San Francisco airport for the first time, and tried unsuccessfully to abort the landing after coming in too slow.

3. RECORDS ON BIN LADEN RAID PURGED
The AP's Richard Lardner reports the nation's top special operations commander moved the records from Defense Department computers to the CIA.

4. RISING DEATH TOLL EXPECTED IN CANADA DERAILMENT
About 40 people were still missing a day after the runaway train ignited explosions that destroyed a district in downtown Quebec and killed at least five.

5. WHAT HACKERS WANTED FROM SOUTH KOREA
A California research firm says they were targeting South Korean and U.S. military secrets with malware they've been sending through the Internet for years.

6. WIFE OF SECRETARY OF STATE AILING
Teresa Heinz Kerry, heir to the Heinz ketchup fortune, was hospitalized in Boston in critical condition for an undisclosed illness.

7. ANOTHER COUNTRY BACKS SNOWDEN'S ASYLUM REQUEST
Cuban President Raul Castro threw support behind Venezuela and Bolivia, which agreed to provide the NSA leaker refuge.

8. IMMIGRATION TOPS AGENDA AS CONGRESS RETURNS
Student loans and the farm bill are also key unresolved disputes.

9. DISGRACED EX-GOVERNOR EYES COMEBACK
Eliot Spitzer, who resigned as New York's governor in 2008 in a prostitution scandal, is planning to run for New York City comptroller this year.

10. TENSE FINAL GAME BEFORE MURRAY BREAKS WIMBLEDON STREAK
He blew three championship points and fended off three break points before defeating Novak Djokovic, becoming the first British Wimbledon champion since 1936.
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:The lasting reminder of the whole weekend will definitely be losing two friends over the whole thing. It's a bummer because I really only have those two guys as close friends here. I've actually been friends with them for like 16 years or so. They are brothers and I'm pretty sure they are going to stick together on how they feel. I on the other hand, can hold a grudge for a lifetime and I don't back down when I know I'm right.

I was going to say fuck you and do a Pete nice style exit but ill probably be back in a little while
1. 40 KILLED, HUNDREDS WOUNDED IN CAIRO ATTACK
A ministry official says gunmen targeted supporters of former president Mohammed Morsi holding a sit-in outside a military building.
40, 400, 4000.... Any one of those numbers and I still wouldn't feel anything. Maybe it's because they are there and I am here or maybe it's cause we have enough bad shit here to worry about.

2. CRASH PILOT HAD LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH BOEING PLANE
The pilot was guiding a 777 into the San Francisco airport for the first time, and tried unsuccessfully to abort the landing after coming in too slow.
Sad for the two that died, but the bright side is that it's probably the pilots fault and there won't be 6 months of hero tributes to him like when that dude flew the plane into the Hudson.

3. RECORDS ON BIN LADEN RAID PURGED
The AP's Richard Lardner reports the nation's top special operations commander moved the records from Defense Department computers to the CIA.
As if the CIA didn't already have this information....

4. RISING DEATH TOLL EXPECTED IN CANADA DERAILMENT
About 40 people were still missing a day after the runaway train ignited explosions that destroyed a district in downtown Quebec and killed at least five.
WTF?? I didn't hear about this. Sounds like a bad Steven Segal movie.

5. WHAT HACKERS WANTED FROM SOUTH KOREA
A California research firm says they were targeting South Korean and U.S. military secrets with malware they've been sending through the Internet for years.
ANyone that puts malware on the internet should be punished severely.

6. WIFE OF SECRETARY OF STATE AILING
Teresa Heinz Kerry, heir to the Heinz ketchup fortune, was hospitalized in Boston in critical condition for an undisclosed illness.
Why do I need to know this?

7. ANOTHER COUNTRY BACKS SNOWDEN'S ASYLUM REQUEST
Cuban President Raul Castro threw support behind Venezuela and Bolivia, which agreed to provide the NSA leaker refuge.
It's a shame the people of this country are too involved in themselves to take a stand on this issue and demand answers. This guy is ok by me.

8. IMMIGRATION TOPS AGENDA AS CONGRESS RETURNS
Student loans and the farm bill are also key unresolved disputes.
I don't care about any of these.

9. DISGRACED EX-GOVERNOR EYES COMEBACK
Eliot Spitzer, who resigned as New York's governor in 2008 in a prostitution scandal, is planning to run for New York City comptroller this year.
He's not really a bad dude.

10. TENSE FINAL GAME BEFORE MURRAY BREAKS WIMBLEDON STREAK
He blew three championship points and fended off three break points before defeating Novak Djokovic, becoming the first British Wimbledon champion since 1936.
If you thought no one cared about basket ball well, what about tennis? The only people that watched this were Matt and a few lesbians.
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

I was going to say fuck you and do a Pete nice style exit but ill probably be back in a little while
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :high5:
NussieT Wrote:I was going to say fuck you and do a Pete nice style exit but ill probably be back in a little while

:wink:
is Pete ever coming back?
LeNeve Wrote:is Pete ever coming back?

One day.
:eek:
[youtube]Wp1klmtsWQA[/youtube]
I'm missing a 3/8 extension, 15 inch long maybe. what an odd thing to disapear.

He finally sent me a message back the other day. He basically said it was me that pissed him off, that DBN is dying because we get no new members and the old ones are slowly dying and that we need more people only to go on to say he is far too busy, DBN takes up too much time and he can use that time more wisely elsewhere.
Joe Wrote:

One day.

you should give him a moderator promotion.
NussieT Wrote:

He finally sent me a message back the other day. He basically said it was me that pissed him off, that DBN is dying because we get no new members and the old ones are slowly dying and that we need more people only to go on to say he is far too busy, DBN takes up too much time and he can use that time more wisely elsewhere.

The Daily Thread doesn't follow the show at all. It doesn't really welcome new people and that's why they don't stick around.
I think some of the people who used to be here and gone left because the show is non relevant anymore and don't listen. Some are busy at their jobs or their work blocked the forum. I run three businesses and take care of two kids... Sometimes DBN is the last thing on my mind

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT