Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday - 9/30/10
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:when you've suffered through 4 years of undergrad, 4 years of medical school or 5/6 years of PhD. You've EARNED the right to be called doctor. And by suffering it is, I didnt leave the house for 3 years cause I was too busy studying 18 hours a day

I just took an online test to be a Doctor of awesomness, but I have to pay 20 bucks to get the certificate. Confusedwoot:

I think that would be a well spent $20 no?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Bubba wants to get some chickens.
Derick Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:also even though those doctors in the military use the term doctor in the real world they are equal to what is called a Physician Assistant
Hmmm, I beg to differ!!!
please argue with me, please

Eddie is right on this one. Unless you are splitting some kind of hairs, which is something I would do, but military doctors are real doctors. Most are reservists who are doctors in real life also.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:when you've suffered through 4 years of undergrad, 4 years of medical school or 5/6 years of PhD. You've EARNED the right to be called doctor. And by suffering it is, I didnt leave the house for 3 years cause I was too busy studying 18 hours a day

I just took an online test to be a Doctor of awesomness, but I have to pay 20 bucks to get the certificate. Confusedwoot:

I think that would be a well spent $20 no?

I think so. Consider me Doctor Awesome now.
rich and spot on ustram right now <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/CovinoAndRichShow">http://www.ustream.tv/channel/CovinoAndRichShow</a><!-- m -->
Pete Nice Wrote:They did a good job then. I want proof. The math doesn't add up, there is no way to track people who call and get a busy signal, which is what would happen after about 30 people are on hold with the show or the Sirius menu. And 30 people is probably 15 more than they really can handle before a busy signal greets a caller. Again, I call :bullshit: big time.

If only there was someone around here who was in the industry who could answer if that's possible.
I was surprised they could, and have no idea how they could either.
eddieyourdj Wrote:After college, 2 yrs for Masters and 2 more for Doctorate!!!

AS someone who is involved in this process now, it's 3 years full time for Masters and 3 more years full time for Doctorate. On top of 4 years undergrad, 5 for me b/c I had two majors and a minor.

Iva13 Wrote:I want to get a tatoo on my wrist, very small, like the size of my thumb nail, but Boe is really really against it. I was even thinking about getting a cute little bow, in his honor...but I'm not allowed.... Big Grin
Step it up in the :atm: department and he'll change his tune. :poke:
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Pete Nice Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:After college, 2 yrs for Masters and 2 more for Doctorate!!!

AS someone who is involved in this process now, it's 3 years full time for Masters and 3 more years full time for Doctorate. On top of 4 years undergrad, 5 for me b/c I had two majors and a minor.
AS someone that spend the majority of a decade in college I know exactly how long it takes
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
i bleed green Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:I want to get a tatoo on my wrist, very small, like the size of my thumb nail, but Boe is really really against it. I was even thinking about getting a cute little bow, in his honor...but I'm not allowed.... Big Grin
Step it up in the :atm: department and he'll change his tune. :poke:

I don't even think THAT would work...he is dead set AGAINST me getting a tatoo...even a tiny one.... Confusedad:
michaelangelo Wrote:rich and spot on ustram right now <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/CovinoAndRichShow">http://www.ustream.tv/channel/CovinoAndRichShow</a><!-- m -->

I saw nothing going on Ustream FAIL
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Covino never answers/talks w/me....I guess I have to do/say something bad to get him to talk w/me.... :wink:
Iva13 Wrote:Covino never answers/talks w/me....I guess I have to do/say something bad to get him to talk w/me.... :wink:

After what you put together for him, too. I guess you need to start calling him ass clown or something to get a response from him. Do it, Iva. Do it!!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Derick Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:A Physicans Asst does not, by law, have the credentials to perform surgical procedures or write prescriptions unless under direct supervision of a medical doctor!!!
OMG. NO SHIT. Its not like I work at a hospital. and they CANNOT write prescriptions, they do not posess a DEA number
Well you said that military docs are PAs so I guess no prescripts or surgery happens there!!!
the military operates outside of the Real World. When they are done with there service and return to the Real World they are equal to a PA. Unless that has changed recently. In order to become a doctor in the Real World they must complete medical school and become board certified and licensed

So it is in the military as well. I was on sick cal a few times over a 12 year period of active duty and reserves. I met with a few doctors. They were all real doctors schooled at real medical schools. The military does train medics and other medical personnel on their own, but the doctors and nurses are real doctors and nurses who took all the real tests and went to real schools. I remember sitting in doctors offices and admiring their medical school certificates on the wall.

Iva, your the best, but that is kinda whisky tango. I would be against my wife getting one there also. In fact, I do not want my wife to get any tattoos. Yes I have several, call me a hypocrite if you please, but that is how I feel.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM