Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March 26, 2010 - 90's Rock Friday
Pete Nice Wrote:
Greg Mercer Wrote:Coney Island is awesome! One day I had 4 hot dogs (I think two of them had bacon and cheese and those were so good) and a box of fries also. I think it was like, 2500 calories, haha!

That was at Nathan's of course...forgot where I was for a second.

Was that the day I introduced you to it? I love that place. I could eat their hot dogs with bacon and cheese every day.

I was there once before the time I went with you. I think that my 3rd visit there was the time I ate all that food. I had to work myself up to it, ha.

As far as the Coney Island hot dogs, all I've ever had is the "Coney Island" that is in New Castle where they have this supposedly famous chili. I don't like chili on hot dogs so I've never had them that way. They seem like a normal old hot dog to me there....nothing special. Maybe at the place you're talking about they have a little bit more "snazz."
[Image: laylasig.jpg]

"My #1 Dudebro...Greg Mercer from Pittsburgh." - Covino
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy">http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - My LIVE web stream!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy">http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - C&R recordings
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy">http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - Follow me. My tweets are semi-sweet like Nestlé.
Pete Nice Wrote:I could eat it every day. That is good to know that there is one opening in Greektown. I am surprised anything is opening in downtown. When I was there last, like 6 months ago, downtown was DEAD on weekdays. They have closed 80% of the shit that was open for Super Bowl in Feb 2006 and before that even.

The Greektown area has always been pretty good, and it's slowly getting better. During the day on the weekdays it's pretty good downtown, but at night, yeah, it's lame. It's fun to be down there before and after games. Basiclly there are pockets downtown that are slowly getting better. It'll be great if/when the Wings get their new arena downtown.
Spot has been really dickyyyy lately.... :douche:
Greg Mercer Wrote:HAHAHAHHA, Best news alert ever:

Post-Gazette.com Wrote:Police: Man tried to revive dead possum; alcohol involved
Friday, March 26, 2010
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Police said a man will be charged with public drunkenness after several witnesses saw him attempting to resuscitate a road-killed opossum.

State police said they charged Donald Wolfe, 55, of Brookville, Jefferson County, after they arrived at the scene on Route 36 in Oliver Township around 3 p.m. Thursday.

A news release from police does not state how he was trying to revive the opossum.

Confusedheepbagger:

That's funny. There is a lot of rednecks up Brookville way. I was up there Wednesday for work. They closed one of my favorite BBQ joints behind the Sheetz in Brookville.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Has anyone ever seen this movie? Awesome...

I found it searching fro Spot strong man pics.
[Image: freaks3.jpg]
AirHej Wrote:Only time I've ever been to Nathan's on Coney Island was on a 4th of July when I went to see the hot dog eating competition. Great dogs and fries. That area is shitty though.

The hot dog eating competition is crazy considering its usually 90-100 degrees when it takes place... Those are not ideal conditions for putting down 50 dogs in 20 minutes or whatever the time limit is.
spot wants to show his woman a good time
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Iva13 Wrote:
chelofellow Wrote:Anyone have big plans for the weekend?

I removed my sidewalk and the top half of my driveway a couple of weeks ago because I'm pouring a wider, better one.

I'm trying to find a guy to finish it tomorrow and the only guy to give me a quote came in at 600 bucks.... for 3 hours of work and I supply the concrete. Fuck him. 200 bucks an hour for labour only is rediculous

Wow that's a lot of $ I say F him too!!

All he has to do is trowel it flat! It's all prepped. I'm gonna have to postpone so I can find another guy.
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I just ate a 5 Guys burger, I feel like crap and I love it.

Now I want one. #2 burger in aaaaaaall the land behind In-n-out

They've been starting to pop up around here for about a year now. I love 'em, but, I really feel like a hog when I eat there.

There are none out my way

That's because you're in the middle of no where...
Derick Wrote:spot wants to show his woman a good time
So Spot should stay home and let her do whatever she wants.
Derick Wrote:spot wants to show his woman a good time

So Spot wont be going with her than. :poke:
chelofellow Wrote:Anyone have big plans for the weekend?

I removed my sidewalk and the top half of my driveway a couple of weeks ago because I'm pouring a wider, better one.

I'm trying to find a guy to finish it tomorrow and the only guy to give me a quote came in at 600 bucks.... for 3 hours of work and I supply the concrete. Fuck him. 200 bucks an hour for labour only is rediculous

That sound like a rip off.

I am working Saturday until like 8PM. Sunday I am doing work reports. Lame

I will be watching the Pens game Saturday and Sunday and have the dudebronation fantasy baseball draft at 6:30PM sunday.

Chello you sign up for the DBN fantasy baseball yet?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
What up JDubb?
Groove Peace.

I'm off work on FRIDAAAYY.. I'm still fired up from an EPIC bday celebration for my bro with various friends last night..
Had some phenomenol steak at Jeff Ruby's dowtown in the Nati last night...
Great night over all..
The nussies on the scene last night weren't that fresh, (except for the bartenders at a couple of the spots..)..but the times were freakin' great..
Cool jazz band was jamming...NCAA tournament games were pretty dope.. late night..good times..
That's what was up for me last night..
THE SHOW kicks ASS .... as always!
YEAH!

JDubb Wrote:
EJ in the Nati Wrote:What up everybody?

IT'S FRIDAAAAAAAY!!!

HELL YEAH!
Weekend is here!
THE SHOW RULES!!

Hey EJ.
Greg Mercer Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Greg Mercer Wrote:Coney Island is awesome! One day I had 4 hot dogs (I think two of them had bacon and cheese and those were so good) and a box of fries also. I think it was like, 2500 calories, haha!

That was at Nathan's of course...forgot where I was for a second.

Was that the day I introduced you to it? I love that place. I could eat their hot dogs with bacon and cheese every day.

I was there once before the time I went with you. I think that my 3rd visit there was the time I ate all that food. I had to work myself up to it, ha.

As far as the Coney Island hot dogs, all I've ever had is the "Coney Island" that is in New Castle where they have this supposedly famous chili. I don't like chili on hot dogs so I've never had them that way. They seem like a normal old hot dog to me there....nothing special. Maybe at the place you're talking about they have a little bit more "snazz."

I don't know of any traditional "Coney Islands" outside of the Detroit area, there used to be one in the suburbs of Vegas, that might still be there. But there's nothing special about a coney dog, it's just a special kind of chili.
Pete Nice Wrote:Chello you sign up for the DBN fantasy baseball yet?

I have not. Details...let's here them

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  March 13th, 2024 - 15 Years Joe 4 0 03-13-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday 12/11/15 - I hate my neighbour NussieT 15 173 07-17-2021, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Friday, September 23, 2016 Beckster 16 2,604 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Friday, September 16, 2016 ~ Nessie Beckster 0 502 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM
  Friday, September 9, 2016 ~ TGIF Beckster 2 463 09-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  Friday, August 26, 2016 ~ Chilly Friday Morning Beckster 1 467 08-26-2016, 02:41 PM
  Friday, August 19,2016 ~ Back to the Bricks Beckster 0 381 08-19-2016, 09:18 AM