Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
September 1, 2010 ~ Wake Up, It's Hump Day
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Woo-Hoo! My water pump has been fixed! :happy: :happy: .. But my lifter is jacked up... Confusedwoot: ... How much do lifters run????

like a lifter in the engine? That will be expensive. Maybe 20 bucks for a lifter. But you have to tear the engine down pretty far to change them.

Yeah, my engine was making a clicking sound and my bud says it's the lifter. $20 is tolerable... He just put the water pump in and did an oil change. I'm really hoping it doesn't cost whole check... He still has my front brakes and rotors to do

Not sure where the lifters on your car are at, but any I have ever done it takes a day or two. You will want to replace all of them at the same time too.
LeNeve Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Woo-Hoo! My water pump has been fixed! :happy: :happy: .. But my lifter is jacked up... Confusedwoot: ... How much do lifters run????

like a lifter in the engine? That will be expensive. Maybe 20 bucks for a lifter. But you have to tear the engine down pretty far to change them.

Yeah, my engine was making a clicking sound and my bud says it's the lifter. $20 is tolerable... He just put the water pump in and did an oil change. I'm really hoping it doesn't cost whole check... He still has my front brakes and rotors to do

Not sure where the lifters on your car are at, but any I have ever done it takes a day or two. You will want to replace all of them at the same time too.

Joy... It's a 3800 engine, he says he's taken care of the same problem on his wife's van, but I am not sure exactly if he's replacing them or adjusting them or what. I guess I'll find out later on.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I like box wine too....
Iva13 Wrote:I like box wine too....

it's not bad, actually.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:Not sure where the lifters on your car are at, but any I have ever done it takes a day or two. You will want to replace all of them at the same time too.

Pontiac 3800 Series. I don't think that's a OHC Engine. Gonna be expensive.
Iva13 Wrote:I like box wine too....

:barf:
Joe In PA Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Not sure where the lifters on your car are at, but any I have ever done it takes a day or two. You will want to replace all of them at the same time too.

Pontiac 3800 Series. I don't think that's a OHC Engine. Gonna be expensive.

Confusedad: Just burst my last happy bubble why don't you.... I have never even heard of a lifter today, but at least now I know what one is and what it does.
I HATE PIE!!
Thanks Joe... Those little things are expensive or is just expensive to put them in?

The guy doing it is a friend, I know he'll cut me a decent deal, since I watch his kids quite often (for free). It's one of those you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Thanks Joe... Those little things are expensive or is just expensive to put them in?

The guy doing it is a friend, I know he'll cut me a decent deal, since I watch his kids quite often (for free). It's one of those you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

They shouldn't be too expenseive. Like Leneve said, it's the labor that's going to be expensive. You should be able to call a dealership and find out how much the lifters cost to get an idea of the highest price possible. Since it's such a common engine the local parts store might carry them. They'll give you the low side quote.
Derick Wrote:i just found out that my ex-wife has decided to turn her attention to the Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. Bitch

Bunny????
yes, or at least the person bunny really is
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:
Derick Wrote:i just found out that my ex-wife has decided to turn her attention to the Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. Bitch

Bunny????
Bunny wasn't real?

Damn....... She was such a nice girl too.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/20...er-rumored
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Joe In PA Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Thanks Joe... Those little things are expensive or is just expensive to put them in?

They shouldn't be too expenseive. Like Leneve said, it's the labor that's going to be expensive. You should be able to call a dealership and find out how much the lifters cost to get an idea of the highest price possible. Since it's such a common engine the local parts store might carry them. They'll give you the low side quote.

ok.. Thanks Big Grin
I HATE PIE!!
Derick Wrote:

Bunny????

Hang in there, Cupcake, there are plenty of fish in the sea! At least she didn't take your bike in the divorce!

Oh, hey, if you talk to her... tell her I miss our chats ;-) M-kay, Thanks!
I HATE PIE!!
159.99 for a set of lifters.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.3800performance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CC-LIFTERS">http://www.3800performance.com/Merchant ... CC-LIFTERS</a><!-- m -->

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Only Tuesday, September 13, 2016 Beckster 3 426 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: monika
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Friday, September 23, 2016 Beckster 16 2,604 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Toooooesday, September 20, 2016 Beckster 9 1,350 09-21-2016, 01:08 PM
  Friday, September 16, 2016 ~ Nessie Beckster 0 502 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM
  Friday, September 9, 2016 ~ TGIF Beckster 2 463 09-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - Back Beckster 1 540 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip