Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-5-10 Thursday - Pussy Footing Around...how dare you!
Has anyone watched their wedding video more than once since the wedding?
Pete Nice Wrote:I've been to a pig roast reception in the park, it was fun.

Pig Roasts are Da Bomb!!! :clap: :clap:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:I went to the McDonalds in Time Square, and the value menue was like $5.
Things are cheaper outside of NYC. Rich doesn't know that?

No
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Iva13 Wrote:
Chip Wrote:And a few years ago, my cousin got married on Cape Cod, at a golf course on the water. There was maybe 50 people there.
But everyone got lobster and steak, he kept it small, but went all out on everything else and that was awesome.
I have no idea how much he spent.

That sounds really good!!!!!

It was awesome. His side and her side each rented a house a block or 2 from the water. It ended up being under $200 per person for a week.
AirHej Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
AirHej Wrote:Great call by the guy from Cleveland. Don't expect to make all of your money back. You may have cheap older relatives who have NO clue the price of weddings these days.

Pete had the right idea. St. Lucia is a great place.

Yeah, don't expect more than maybe $40 from anyone over 50 years old, especially if they are the fire hall reception type, they just don't know how much shit costs. I think you should ALWAYS give cash at a wedding, even if you are giving a gift also.

Yeah, don't give out gifts. The bride and groom don't want to have to lug that shit back to the hotel or home, etc. I just remember looking at the table where people were putting their envelopes/gifts and seeing a few wrapped gifts and thinking WTF?

That's another thing that people differ on...I have heard people that say no, no money, I will get them a gift from their registry...you're not supposed to give $....I'm the exact opposite...I give $ and I liked to get $ for our wedding...You can give the gifts at the shower.
Iva13 Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Cash bars are very common. The couple may do a couple of keg beer that is free but anything else is cash bar.

I'm w/Rich...I have never been to or heard of a cash bar at a wedding...that's just not right.

If your family was full of alcoholics, you'd have a different frame of mind... Especially if they would otherwise run up over a $1,000 liquor bill.
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Feel free to lick and nibble your way all over my body..... That's so cool!

No thanks, I'll just stay on the :tater:

The taters are sore from that, so they are off-limits...

Deal's off then.

Fine then
I HATE PIE!!
AirHej Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
AirHej Wrote:Great call by the guy from Cleveland. Don't expect to make all of your money back. You may have cheap older relatives who have NO clue the price of weddings these days.

Yeah, don't expect more than maybe $40 from anyone over 50 years old, especially if they are the fire hall reception type, they just don't know how much shit costs. I think you should ALWAYS give cash at a wedding, even if you are giving a gift also.

Yeah, don't give out gifts. The bride and groom don't want to have to lug that shit back to the hotel or home, etc. I just remember looking at the table where people were putting their envelopes/gifts and seeing a few wrapped gifts and thinking WTF?

We got one present and it was awesome. It was a personalized custom made book with pictures and stuff from our trip to Detroit to see the Steelers in the Super Bowl with two of the other couples who went to the wedding also. it was perfect.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
JDubb Wrote:Has anyone watched their wedding video more than once since the wedding?

I have watched the wedding night video a bunch of times since......

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Cash bars are very common. The couple may do a couple of keg beer that is free but anything else is cash bar.

I'm w/Rich...I have never been to or heard of a cash bar at a wedding...that's just not right.

If your family was full of alcoholics, you'd have a different frame of mind... Especially if they would otherwise run up over a $1,000 liquor bill.

B we just had a surprise party for Boe's Mom...and the bar tab was approx 1300.00 and that was just a surprise B-day party.
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Has anyone watched their wedding video more than once since the wedding?

I like to watch it on our anniversary each year. Big Grin
AirHej Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

That's when you designate a parent or someone to gather that stuff up for you.
I HATE PIE!!
Iva13 Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I think it's about time for a new video. I might make that happen soon.

I agree with Joe, photography is the one area not to skimp.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I think it's about time for a new video. I might make that happen soon.

What like re-new your vows??? That's a great idea!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM