Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Offseason
As far as my Pens:

Elite Goaltender

the best Defense in the NHL all signed for two more years.

Crosby, Kunitz, Malkin, Staal, Cooke, Kennedy, Letestu, Neal all signed for at least two more years. When healthy, that is enough offense there.

Unrestricted Free Agents:

Craig Adams- priority #1, the reason the Pens had the #1 PK.

Max Talbot - loves the team and the city, is a local legend, big game player. BUT they can only bring him back if he comes on the cheap cheap cheap, so that is really on his shoulders. How much does he want to win another cup and finish his career in PGH?

Mike Rupp - can score some goals, fight and hit. Would be good to bring back, on the cheap only

Alexei Kovavlev - Everyone hates him and thinks he is old, I like him and think he would be amazing on a line with Crsoby and Kunitz. Kunitz is the net guy, Crosby the play maker and Kovalev is the sniper. If they can get him for $2mill of less, sign him!!!

Pascal Dupuis - Crosby likes him, plays awesome Defense, especially on the PK, Dupuis, Adams, Cooke and Stall are the best 2 PK lines in the NHL. Just for that, I would resign him but again it would have to be on the cheap. He loves playing in PGH, how much more does he love money?

Aaron Asham - He was good in the playoffs, non existent in the regular season, though injured. I still don't like him from his Flyer days. SEE YA.

There are more, but those are the big ones I remember.

Everyone wants them to sign a top 6 forward, but who is there and where is the money? I think Kovalev fits the bill for a year or two and there are guys in the minors who should fill the roll in the future.

They are also talking about trading some of their deep defense, not Orpik, Martin, Michalek or Letang but others, since they have two 1st round guys that might be ready.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2012 Offseason Chip 117 27,557 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Playoffs. Chip 166 39,872 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Chip