Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobs
Well I haven't been here long, 6 weeks, but my journey here took some time. I started out working on a floor crew at the local NBC affiliate after college. From there I moved to the Twin Cities working for a company called CONUS communications as a satellite traffic jockey, bringing satellite news gathering trucks "up and down off" satellites. From there I moved to a new cool start-up DirecTV/USSB direct broadcast satellite service as a shift supervisor and eventually the Director of Training for the broadcast center. When DirecTV bought USSB I became unemployed for a short period until working for Time Warner Cable's "start-up" Road Runner high-speed Internet service. I had a good run there until TWC and Comcast merged the Twin Cities under Comcast. Comcast "eliminated" me and I became unemployed again, this time for 12 months. :killme: The best thing about that layoff was spending time with my friends here (thanks a lot :rock: ). From there I went to work for a company that processed class-action law suits as a workforce manager. I was responsible for all of the hourly employees (350 down to 75) when my position was eliminated this past January. After another stint of unemployment and hanging with my DBN/CnR friends I landed with Cummins Power Generation. I have been here about 6 weeks but really like the company and will hopefully be here for a while. The next job change I make I want to be my decision not the company I'm working for.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When the jobs are hidden JDubb 4 2,332 05-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Joe