Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme Couponing Thread
DaveP Wrote:I still don't understand how you get down to getting shit for free. Say some Pampers cost $20. It's double coupon day. and I have 5 $2 dollar coupons, does that make it free? I thought they all say that its one coupon per item or something.

Here's an example of something I did this week. Acme markets were having some kick ass sales this week. The big one that was going on were Buy One Get One Free Gillette and Daisy disposable razors. Do I need them? Hell no, I've got so many razors I could use a new one every day for the next 5 years and not run out. HOWEVER, I have BOGO coupons and $2 off coupons that I can use together on that sale and for every 2 sets of razors I buy, I have $2 that I can use on something that either isn't a great buy or don't have a coupon for. So I bought 40 packs of razors, and that gave me $20 to play around with. So I used that to buy all the meat products. There was another BOGO sale for Noodles. I had doubled coupons that made .50 for each set of noodles. So I bought 30 packs for another $15 to use. I bought my steak sauce (that as on sale and with combining the overage and the coupons made them free), 20 free bottles of dressing (on sale for $1.00 and I had $1.00 off coupons). And a bunch of other shit. The total for everything was right around $700, and I paid $23 out of pocket. You could just as easily use those ways to grab diapers for free too.

Do you need all that shit? Some of it probably not. But who cares? If it helps you grab what you want for free, then get it. Give it away or sell it off. Doesn't matter.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Swoot News Thread Derick 30 9,715 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Last Post: the keifer
  The I'm drunk thread Derick 26 7,705 04-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Last Post: i bleed green
  the video thread mongo 2 1,668 04-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Last Post: negadave
  Post here while you drink thread mongo 228 51,659 04-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Last Post: i bleed green