Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healthcare with an occupy tie in
i bleed green Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:A few points:

1. the current Obamacare does not do that, not even close.

The for profit aspect is still there, which IMO is a large part of the problem. That is why I'm so strongly in favour of government health care, because the focus is more on the health care and not on $$$

2. I personally would like the government to flat out cap profit on medical treatment, but those are the lobbyists that are paying to get these politicians elected, so it will never happen.

I've heard doctors up here do have a cap on the limit they can make, but I can't say for sure. Definitely a good idea

3. Those waiting times are obviously grossly understated in that video. I bet if you went into most Canadian hospital ER's and made that same video, without editing it out, you would get a ton of "I have been here 4 fucking hours b/c all the hypo's with their colds are clogging shit up".

Yeah, I know. That's why I specifically stated that my reason for posting that one was to illustrate how we don't have deductables, can choose our own doctors, and don't have to get approved for most procedures. You hit the nail on the head with your comment about people going to the ER for a fucking nose bleed, and draining resources. Sort of similar thing: I was at a friend's place one time and her fucking daughter (20 y.o.) calls 911 because she had heard there were tornado warnings earlier. People are stupid.
Point 2, I believe there is a cap per patient for our doctors. They can still make a ton of money, but they can only make so much per patient. So there is no bonus or kickback for unneccessary treatments or prescriptions

Point 3. ER wait times are horrible "in some places". part of the problem is that there are less and less family doctors, so people take up those seats at the ER when their kids have the sniffles. Plus where I'm from there is a huge amount of Immigrants who don't understand the ER isn't for coughs and colds.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occupy Wallstreet negadave 76 23,200 12-31-2011, 03:08 AM
Last Post: negadave