Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Lost Series Finale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been watching Lost since the pilot and thought the series finale was amazing last night, but still have a TON of questions. Does anyone else watch Lost, if so, let's discuss any outstanding questions.

1. At what point did they actually die?

was it in the pilot when the plane crashed?

When Jack set of the Nuke?

On the island?

I just don't know.
they didnt die
Derick Wrote:they didnt die

I didn't watch it, but I heard them talking about it on the radio this morning.
And I'm pretty sure they were talking about how they were all dead.
yeah, they were all dead at the end of the show.

So far, here is what I have learned. They all died over time, the flash sideways/alternate reality was a limbo and they were all dead in that portion, but they were alive on the island. They died over time. Jack died at the end, and everyone who died on the island, that is when they actually died. The rest of them died over time. Kate said to Jack that she missed him for such a long time, meaning she lived a long life. Hurley said to Ben, you were a great number 2, meaning they stayed on the island for a long time together.

Desmond knew they were dead in the flash sideways and needed to make everyone aware of that.

I have to watch it again and listen to what Jack's dad says in the last 10 minutes of the show. Apparent Lee, that is the key.

Either way, absolute amazing show, AMAZING!
If they were all dead, that would explain why the old, bald dude was in a wheelchair in the flashbacks.
SO what I am reading here is I am the only one who really watches this?
Pete Nice Wrote:SO what I am reading here is I am the only one who really watches this?
:duh:
Pete Nice Wrote:SO what I am reading here is I am the only one who really watches this?

Network tv has sucked so bad for so many years that I never really watch anything on it. So by the time I heard Lost was acutally good, it was so far into it that I just didn't have the time to get caught up right away. So I just never really tried.
they died in the plane crash. That's why at the end credits it showed the plane wreckage on the beach but no one was around.
They were in a state of pergatory because they had unfinished things to let go in their life.
But it was an open ending which leaves room for interpetation based on your religious beliefs according to Mathew Fox.
Not everything was answered. Doesn't seem like they had an ending in mind when they started.
Not everything was answered but it was an entertaining show
BigFan Wrote:they died in the plane crash. That's why at the end credits it showed the plane wreckage on the beach but no one was around.
They were in a state of pergatory because they had unfinished things to let go in their life.
But it was an open ending which leaves room for interpetation based on your religious beliefs according to Mathew Fox.
Not everything was answered. Doesn't seem like they had an ending in mind when they started.
Not everything was answered but it was an entertaining show

I thought that also about the plane wreckage at the end, but if you look, their camp is set up there also, so someone survived that plane wreck in order to set up camp.

I started out watching it. I even used to record episodes, but half way through the second season... I just gave up on it. Too much craziness and I wasn't so invested in it to pay that close attention to it.
Where were Michael and Walt at the end? Or Mr. Eko? Seems to me they did a shitty job tying up the loose ends. Honest-LEE I think they got themselves so tangled up with diversions in the show that it was impossible to tie it up neatly. There is no way they had the end in mind when they started it.

Lukewarm finish for me. Meh.
Hondo Wrote:Where were Michael and Walt at the end? Or Mr. Eko? Seems to me they did a shitty job tying up the loose ends. Honest-LEE I think they got themselves so tangled up with diversions in the show that it was impossible to tie it up neatly. There is no way they had the end in mind when they started it.

they wasted all that time with the temple and the Chinese guy that didn't want to speak English
I haven't watched the show in a couple of years but did watch the last 15 minutes. Hasn't there been speculation about the whole purgatory angle from the beginning? I remember reading something after season one where the superfans of the show were speculating they all died in the plane crash right from the start and these were all flashbacks of their lives etc.?
Hondo Wrote:Where were Michael and Walt at the end? Or Mr. Eko? Seems to me they did a shitty job tying up the loose ends. Honest-LEE I think they got themselves so tangled up with diversions in the show that it was impossible to tie it up neatly. There is no way they had the end in mind when they started it.

Michael never atoned for his sins, I saw an interview where Walt got to tall to play his character anymore. Mr. Ecko did atone for his sins before he died, he should have been there.

Also there was no sign of Anna Lucia or that chick Hurley liked in the church either. And Miles was not in the church, or Daniel and Charlotte., or Charles Whidmore.
Pages: 1 2