Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tooooooosday, May 11, 2010.....Another Slow one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Homo![/quote]

shes a chic, i think thats allowed[/quote]

I'll take it....woo hoo...I'm a homo!!!!!![/quote]

Is it gay to think it's cool that Iva is a homo stuck in a chic's body?[/quote]

Yes...wait I mean No!!!! ;-)
If I see a rainbow sticker on a car, I automatically think the person driving the car is gay :fag:
And states rights and representation in the government were the primary reason for the civil war, slavery is the reason that everyone likes to harp on b/c it was a terrible terrible thing, but the people in the north and south were equally guilty in slavery and also were equally for and against it at the time of the civil war.
Pete Nice Wrote:And states rights and representation in the government were the primary reason for the civil war, slavery is the reason that everyone likes to harp on b/c it was a terrible terrible thing, but the people in the north and south were equally guilty in slavery and also were equally for and against it at the time of the civil war.
you strike me as the kind of guy that would have a slave if it was still legal
Derick Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:And states rights and representation in the government were the primary reason for the civil war, slavery is the reason that everyone likes to harp on b/c it was a terrible terrible thing, but the people in the north and south were equally guilty in slavery and also were equally for and against it at the time of the civil war.

"If"?
Chip Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

"If"?
well i dont think he's the kind of guy who would do anything illegial
This guy does not know shit about blue jay rescuing.
Derick Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

"If"?
well i dont think he's the kind of guy who would do anything illegial

Haha. Yeah, he sure isn't.
LeNeve Wrote:This guy does not know shit about blue jay rescuing.

Wtf
Chip Wrote:

Wtf

I think you know what I'm trying to say.
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Wtf

I think you know what I'm trying to say.

Besides the fact that I'm a little creeped out right now...

I have no idea.
a bunch of high school kids just walked through our lab. Not gonna lie, a couple of the girls were hot
Chip Wrote:
Jason_from_Tampa Wrote:Please sir enlighten me on what was the cause of the civil war.

It was all talked about in yesterday's IST.

Pokes28 Wrote:Covino,

I'm pissed at you right now. You open up your phones for discussion and when I call in, you call me a racist and hang up on me and then have the balls to say that nobody has given good points. You should never open up your phones for discussion if you aren't at least going to be willing to listen to people.

Sadly I have to start this off with the normal. I'm not a racist. My family and friends looks like a freaking rainbow. I don't wear nor do I own anything with the Confederate flag on it. The reason isn't because I think it is racist, but I wouldn't wear it simply because so many people do think of it as racist and groups such as Skin heads and the KKK have wrecked its meaning. But I do respect the South and there are a lot of folks that proudly display the flag despite the KKK not in support of them. I was born in California and grew up in Oklahoma which was still Indian Territory during the Civil War. I live in Missouri now which was a free state. So it doesn't even apply directly to me. I love the ideals of this country (I was in the service for 7 years) but I feel like it is headed in a direction that will end its run as the greatest nation on earth.

Slavery was a secondary issue but obviously the most controversial. The real reason the South tried to leave is that there were more Northern states and they controlled the House, Senate, and White House. They continually put in new laws that only impacted the South and due to the numbers, the people in those states could do nothing about it. Just like today the Tea Party (who also use an old flag that was a symbol of rebellion) is strongest in the "fly over states" but the population of the other states is such that there has been a lot of really divisive legislation against the wishes of the majority of people (EX: health care).

The South left the Union not because Lincoln ran for office on the platform of abolishing slavery. He was against slavery but he stated repeatedly that he wouldn't force the South to give up slaves. Very few Southerners owned slaves yet the South as a whole fought for Independence. If it was about slavery, how could that be? Also, General Lee was anti-Slavery. Had the South won the war, Lee would have been the 2nd President of the Confederacy and it is very likely that slavery would have ended under him.

You want to know about what Southerners should be proud. Southern culture consists of very strong emphasis on the Bill of Rights, ultra conservatism, and religion (specifically Christianity). 2nd amendment and the NRA is strongest in the South. The South believes in limited government which is why they felt they could leave the Union. There was nothing in the Constitution that prevented states from leaving the union. There are still a lot of people that would love to have their states form a new more conservative government and leave the USA. In just the last 6 months I've heard that sentiment in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia. I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not, but the nicest people I've ever met are from these same states.

I understand that people come into a discussion like this with their minds made up. As a person that hasn't a clue about life outside of NY/NJ or now California, it would be very easy to just sit there and pass judgment. It is like when people use the term redneck. They use it as a negative equal to white trash. But to those of us that were raised poor and in farming communities, being a redneck isn't an insult, it is a complement. It simply means somebody working outside doing honest labor. Yet somehow it is derogatory to most people. To me calling somebody a Yankee is derogatory because I don't mean nice things when I call you that, but I'm sure that you don't take it that way. To you it is a moniker of pride and excellence.

Point being that if anything today's discussion just shows that this is a BIG country. As much as I like you and Rich, you guys are really quite ignorant about most of this nation. Normally that isn't a problem. But occasionally on days like today, your complete refusal to debate and discuss just shows how closed minded and regionally viewed you are. Rich getting together with a Texas girl has helped him a LOT though.
Hey are you and Pokes the same peson? If not then you just pasted somebody else's argument here..
Derick Wrote:

Would 20 year old Russian hotties be available as slaves? Only then would the answer be yes.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

Would 20 year old Russian hotties be available as slaves? Only then would the answer be yes.
ummm.... hook a brother up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25