Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Random Question of the Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yesterday I am standing in this ridculously long line up at the grocery store and I am watching this chick who is with her mom. This kid must be no older than 11. She is throwing a major prima donna hissy fit because her mom won't buy something, she dressed like a complete slut and wearing a lot of fucking make-up. I was a country girl and didn't start wearing make-up until I was 15 and it wasn't a lot. Even now I very rarely wear makeup.

My random question of the day:

Would you allow your 11 year old daughter act like a prima donna slut and allow her to wear make up at such a young age?
Jdubb, what's your opinion? You have a daughter who is 15? And B, Knightryda's daughter is getting closer to 11. What's your opinion?
I don't have kids, but no way in hell.
Nussie_T Wrote:Jdubb, what's your opinion? You have a daughter who is 15?
we discusssed this yesterday, we all agreed that his daughter was throwing it down nussie style
Would you allow your 11 year old daughter act like a prima donna slut and allow her to wear make up at such a young age?

NO, my daughter will not own makeup until she is 15.

Jdubb, what's your opinion? You have a daughter who is 15?

I think JDubb is a good parent. I am sure he controls that shit.

As far as the kid acting up at the age of 11. Slap her. It learned all of us real good.
My daughter is 9 and has makeup. She also acts in almost every community theatre play and takes it seriously enough to where giving in on the makeup concession wasn't too big of a deal. She doesn't wear it to school or out and about...and that's her choice. She also doesn't get out of line because she knows (as do her older brothers) that acting the fool is calling down the thunder.

You teach your kids to discipline themselves and you pretty much don't have to. I try and pick the battles to fight. All three of my kids make great grades at school, are polite and respectful. In short I'm not getting in a twist over small shit like makeup and hairstyles.
If my daughter (if I had one) acted like that, I would have my wife smack the shit out of her at home. From a young age.

It all starts when they are young, and how they were raised
Brian in NY Wrote:I don't have kids, but no way in hell.
Yeah, what he said.
I'll bet that 11yr old has future gold digger written all over her.
Hell no. No make up or a cell phone till 15. She shouldn't be trying to impress anything at 11, and she's not important enough to need a phone.
Ha! You guys just wait until you're having to deal with it. It always seems a lot easier from a distance.
Nussie_T Wrote:Jdubb, what's your opinion? You have a daughter who is 15?

First, :finger: Derick

Ok, makeup is something that depends on the girl. My niece is 13 and is girly with everything except makeup and nail polish. Anything like that she runs... My daughter has been into makeup and nail polish since she was 3. I'm not saying she would wear makeup at 3 but she loved putting on play makeup and play nails when she was little. My daughter is now 15 and we have struggled with the makeup. She does not wear slutty makeup but she has gone the whole gamete of dark/dark goth like to the 80's blue. The more I pushed and criticized the more she put on. It wasn't until I stopped and let her friends, my wife and her aunts help convince her it didn't look good. Once again, she never went slutty. She looked at her school picture a few weeks ago and said, "what was I thinking with the hair and makeup." My response was, "see, I told you."

Slutty no and I would not have allowed it, that would have bee an epic fight but I had to let her figure it out. It is a constant fight to keep what she wears appropriate. There is a lot of pressure in school to look and dress a certain way. My wife and I let her be herself and try to nudge along the way. She's a good kid but is trying to fit in with the rest of the crowd. She still needs mom and dad to buy the clothes so we still have some control.

The girl you saw at the supermarket sounds like the mother was trying to be her friend and didn't want to do anything to upset her daughter.
My oldest daughter is 10. I am not looking foward to this at all. I think JDubb has it right. Let them do what they want, within reason. I think if you are a father that listens, and participates in their lifes, things will be okay. It's when you push and push, that's when they rebel on you, and the more they rebel, the more you try to keep them in line, and they rebel worse. It's a fine line to keep adolescents on the straight and narrow.

All you can really do as a parent is to set a good example, and to stear them in the right direction, when they do cross the line.
Hondo Wrote:She also doesn't get out of line because she knows (as do her older brothers) that acting the fool is calling down the thunder.

You teach your kids to discipline themselves and you pretty much don't have to. I try and pick the battles to fight. All three of my kids make great grades at school, are polite and respectful. In short I'm not getting in a twist over small shit like makeup and hairstyles.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have three kids. 10, 8, and 4. girl, boy, girl. I always hate when they come from school, and they have picked up on shit that the other ghetto kids do. I shut that bullshit down real quick. It will probaly get harder when they are junior high though.
I gave Jimbo's daughter some pink lip gloss, with specific instructions on how to care for it. It's close to her natural color, so she isn't looking like a prima-hussy. I think nail polish and some make-up are ok for little girls, just so long as it is not over-done. Young girls need to dress like, young girls... They do NOT need to look like little sluts and I don't understand the parents who allow the purchase of such clothes. No cell phone either, no child of mine will ever own a cell phone until they are old enough to pay for it. I made it through school without one, so I don't see it being a problem. His ex got his daughter a cell last year. Guess what? She lost it. She got her ears pierced last year too... Guess what? Mom didn't make her clean them, so they got infected and now the holes are filling in since they weren't properly cleaned and cared for.

As for the attitude, 0 tolerance... Nip it in the butt when they are young and they won't talk like that as they age... Teens argue with their parents, but ones who are allowed to get away with it act like like whiny monsters.

Kids like that make me consider having one, just to show these people how to raise a good kid and not a crazy one.
beckster Wrote:Kids like that make me consider having one, just to show these people how to raise a good kid and not a crazy one.
that'll teach em
Derick Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Kids like that make me consider having one, just to show these people how to raise a good kid and not a crazy one.
that'll teach em

Oh come on! How many times have you thought to yourself "there's no way in hell MY kid would behave that way or get away with that"?!
Pages: 1 2