Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday 01/28/15 - Yesterday was very informative
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I found out yesterday that Jim's brother was denied the financing on our house so now our house so now our house is back up for sale. I want to walk up to him and punch him as hard as I can in the nuts. Then Jim gets the brainy idea to ask the bank if we could keep our house in town, still get the house in the country and then we can rent it to his brother. This makes me even more mad... I'm tired of bailing Jim's brother out of issues.
I learned that my silver fox has more money than I thought... WAY more.
NussieT Wrote:I found out yesterday that Jim's brother was denied the financing on our house so now our house so now our house is back up for sale. I want to walk up to him and punch him as hard as I can in the nuts. Then Jim gets the brainy idea to ask the bank if we could keep our house in town, still get the house in the country and then we can rent it to his brother. This makes me even more mad... I'm tired of bailing Jim's brother out of issues.

The whole "brother issue" aside, maybe keeping the house could be a good investment?
I'm planing on renting out my condo in a few years. I don't have all that much more to pay on it and that rent could be a nice little extra chunk of money on top of the equity.

But, I am really certain I do not want to rent to my brother.
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:I found out yesterday that Jim's brother was denied the financing on our house so now our house so now our house is back up for sale. I want to walk up to him and punch him as hard as I can in the nuts. Then Jim gets the brainy idea to ask the bank if we could keep our house in town, still get the house in the country and then we can rent it to his brother. This makes me even more mad... I'm tired of bailing Jim's brother out of issues.

The whole "brother issue" aside, maybe keeping the house could be a good investment?
I'm planing on renting out my condo in a few years. I don't have all that much more to pay on it and that rent could be a nice little extra chunk of money on top of the equity.

I know. I spent hours discussing it with random different people (Jim, the silver fox, Jim's dad) they all said it was a perfect investment that I got all uppity about it because it involved Jim's brother.
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I know. I spent hours discussing it with random different people (Jim, the silver fox, Jim's dad) they all said it was a perfect investment that I got all uppity about it because it involved Jim's brother.

Mixing family and money like that can't end up being a good thing.
Helping out in a pinch is one thing, but your reaction to it makes it sound like he's not the best with money.
Chip Wrote:Mixing family and money like that can't end up being a good thing.
Helping out in a pinch is one thing, but your reaction to it makes it sound like he's not the best with money.

No he truly isn't. He sold his house and moved in with Jim's parents rent free but the old man is going a little stir crazy and senile since he retired but one assumes that when you retire you don't have to take care of your screaming 7 month and 2 year old grandsons and share bathroom space anymore. Jim's dad said that if he doesn't pay the rent we should hit their credit rating again. The girlfriend works for us in our recycle site, we could easily garnish her wages. She'd basically be working for free then.
On another note the entire City of Winnipeg is currently on a boil water advisory as the water has tested positive for E. Coli twice. People are driving out into the country to stock up on water bottles. Seriously boiling the water and letting it sit for a few hours before putting it in the fridge is just too damn difficult.
that does sound difficult. id rather buy a bunch of bottled water too.
NussieT Wrote:

No he truly isn't. He sold his house and moved in with Jim's parents rent free but the old man is going a little stir crazy and senile since he retired but one assumes that when you retire you don't have to take care of your screaming 7 month and 2 year old grandsons and share bathroom space anymore. Jim's dad said that if he doesn't pay the rent we should hit their credit rating again. The girlfriend works for us in our recycle site, we could easily garnish her wages. She'd basically be working for free then.

Haha.
I bet that would go over nice and smooth.
Garnish her wages because he's not paying his rent.
LeNeve Wrote:that does sound difficult. id rather buy a bunch of bottled water too.

You would go through a shit load of water bottles. Anything that is consumed needs to be boiled so anything you cook needs to be boiled before you can even put the food in. How much are you willing to pay for the water bottles?
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:

Haha.

Thats the type of stuff you see on Peoples Court
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:

Haha.

Thats the type of stuff you see on Peoples Court

Judge Judy is going to fuck up Jim's brother.
Then he'll pee on her leg and tell her it's raining.
Chip Wrote:Haha.

They live together. They've been together for 5 years. I was pregnant with Jules when he brought her home for dinner one day. They are engaged but who knows what that will happen and have two kids together. She's the brains out of the two of them. If you tell Britt you need something from them, a few hours later it's in your hands.
NussieT Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:that does sound difficult. id rather buy a bunch of bottled water too.

You would go through a shit load of water bottles. Anything that is consumed needs to be boiled so anything you cook needs to be boiled before you can even put the food in. How much are you willing to pay for the water bottles?

I don't know. you can get a case of 24 bottles for 4 dollars around here though. the big 5 gallon jugs are 4-5 dollars too.
Jim and I received a contract in the mail yesterday from the town and in it is the original proposal letter that Jim wrote to win the contract. I wasn't home when he wrote it so I never proofread it. Jim can't spell worth shit. This proposal is full of fallowings (following)
Pages: 1 2 3