Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday, April 17, 2014 ~ Wash Your Feet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It's Holy Thursday. If you're Catholic, you're supposed to go to church tonight and get your feet washed, then have a nice hot soup dinner. I don't know why.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It's Holy Thursday. If you're Catholic, you're supposed to go to church tonight and get your feet washed, then have a nice hot soup dinner. I don't know why.

I was Catholic, but I washed my feet every day. I still do actually.
Sometimes after I return to my office after working at the school for a few days (where I can't get to DBN) I cringe as I click on the link wondering if the site is still up or now.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:It's Holy Thursday. If you're Catholic, you're supposed to go to church tonight and get your feet washed, then have a nice hot soup dinner. I don't know why.

I was Catholic, but I washed my feet every day. I still do actually.

It's a ceremony and another person actually washes your feet. I went to it probably once in my life. It was different.
Joe have you upgraded to windows 8.1 or 8.1 update 1 on any of your machines?

I have gotten use to Windows 8 and I am hesitant to upgrade
Donginator Wrote:Joe have you upgraded to windows 8.1 or 8.1 update 1 on any of your machines?

Oh yeah, I upgraded to 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 on all of my machines as the same day it was released. Having a button for Start is very necessary. If you have 7 I don't see many reasons to upgrade though. 8.1 is nice and all, but if I had to spend money on upgrading I wouldn't have. ( I had a technet subscription)

I actually switched over one of my laptops to Ubuntu 13.10 a few weeks ago and I have to say it's pretty sweet. Speaking of Ubuntu, version 14.10 gets released today.
Joe Wrote:Sometimes after I return to my office after working at the school for a few days (where I can't get to DBN) I cringe as I click on the link wondering if the site is still up or now.

You aren't the only one.
I want chicks to wash my feet.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Sometimes after I return to my office after working at the school for a few days (where I can't get to DBN) I cringe as I click on the link wondering if the site is still up or now.

You aren't the only one.

Yeah, but my days at work are usually full of stressful server down emergencies. Adding one more to the mix that I am not able to bill for is super stressful.
Joe Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:Joe have you upgraded to windows 8.1 or 8.1 update 1 on any of your machines?

Oh yeah, I upgraded to 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 on all of my machines as the same day it was released. Having a button for Start is very necessary. If you have 7 I don't see many reasons to upgrade though. 8.1 is nice and all, but if I had to spend money on upgrading I wouldn't have. ( I had a technet subscription)

I actually switched over one of my laptops to Ubuntu 13.10 a few weeks ago and I have to say it's pretty sweet. Speaking of Ubuntu, version 14.10 gets released today.
The update to 8.1 is free for me, I was going to do it this weekend
I got a full body massage last night. The first thing the woman says to me is to relax. It dawned on me that it's been so long since I ahve actually taken a moment to relax that I don't remember how. The massage was great though. I wish I could get one every week.
I took over at this school for their IT Director (Salary $120,000) and IT Network Manager (Salary $60,000). Those two did nothing right and chose to leave their jobs on their own. I WANT A JOB LIKE THAT!
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

The update to 8.1 is free for me, I was going to do it this weekend

Oh yeah, by all means do it right away. It did take like an hour and a half if I remember correctly.
Holy Thursday?
I always heard it called Maundy Thursday.
I never went to church for it, and never got my feet washed.
Compared to my Catholic friends, being Lutheran was pretty sweet.

I always thought people were saying "Monday Thursday" and wondered what they were talking about.
But I didn't want to ask because I didn't want to listen to the answer.
Joe Wrote:I took over at this school for their IT Director (Salary $120,000) and IT Network Manager (Salary $60,000). Those two did nothing right and chose to leave their jobs on their own. I WANT A JOB LIKE THAT!

:whomo: I could get paid like that to do next to nothing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5