Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 12/10/2013 - Snow Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
1. A CEREMONY TO HONOR MANDELA
Amid cold, driving rain world leaders and South Africans gather to remember "a global icon of forgiveness."
It gets cold in Africa? Isn't that area south of the equator, so in summer mode?

2. WHO'S GOING TO WIN THE DATA WAR
As the U.S. tracks and analyzes cellphone and Internet activity in search of terrorists, it's instigating a battle with technology companies that do much the same thing in search of profits.
I'm sure we know who will win this one.

3. A YEAR LATER, NEWTOWN BRACES FOR 12/14
There are 26 bronze stars that sit atop the local firehouse, one for each adult and child gunned down on an unimaginable winter day at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Wow. It's been a year already.

7. VETERAN SAYS NORTH KOREA STATEMENT WAS COERCED
Former U.S. Army Lt. Merrill Newman, 85, says he was threatened with a lengthy prison sentence if he did not apologize for killing North Koreans during the war.
He should have finished his apology with "......NOT"

8. WHAT OKLAHOMA SAYS ABOUT SATANISTS' STATUE
Legislative leaders try to ease concerns over a request by a New York-based group to erect a monument to Satan alongside the Ten Commandments at the state Capitol.
Good grief

9. HOW 'TITAN ARM' CAN LEND A HELPING HAND
A robotic device invented by University of Pennsylvania engineering students can assist its wearer carry an additional 40 pounds.
I want to try it.

10. ANTARCTICA'S DEEP-FREEZE RECORD
NASA satellite data reveals the icy continent hit minus 135.8 in August 2010.
Brrrrrrr
Man, the number of people who just read the headline and not the article on Yahoo News and then make ignorant remarks about it is unbelieveable
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Man, the number of people who just read the headline and not the article on Yahoo News and then make ignorant remarks about it is unbelieveable

yeah. the headline is a little misleading. as far as the story goes. that seems like a normal, and really nice thing of him to do.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Man, the number of people who just read the headline and not the article on Yahoo News and then make ignorant remarks about it is unbelieveable

yeah. the headline is a little misleading. as far as the story goes. that seems like a normal, and really nice thing of him to do.

That guy is one of the nicest people ever. And comes from a huge family. He is far from creepy. He actually used to be super heavy and rather shy, but got inspired to lose weight. He lost like 200 lbs in all and now he is super active and always running marathons and stuff.
Joe Wrote:Today is one of those days where we get like an inch of snow where I work, but like 6 inches a half hour south of here where everyone lives. What that means is the pansies I work with will wake up see snow on the ground and call my boss and tell him it's just too dangerous to drive. :roll: He'll feel bad and tell them they can work from home.

We used to get those at Maxim too. My favourite was the girl who lived like 5 mins away couldn't make it to work.
I wanted to bring this over from yesterdays thread, even though I somewhat replied to it yesterday and then my truck broke and I sent it half assed then forgot about it.

Joe Wrote:No one wants to go to the gym with me. I'd love to have something like a nice elliptical at the house but they are way too expensive. I'm going to just have to eat a better diet.

You don't need fancy equipment to work out. A lot of people think that. You can do a lot with a skipping rope, a set of free weights and a yoga mat. Depending on how many free weights you get it could cost you $50-100 and its not something bulky in our house.
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Today is one of those days where we get like an inch of snow where I work, but like 6 inches a half hour south of here where everyone lives. What that means is the pansies I work with will wake up see snow on the ground and call my boss and tell him it's just too dangerous to drive. :roll: He'll feel bad and tell them they can work from home.

We used to get those at Maxim too. My favourite was the girl who lived like 5 mins away couldn't make it to work.

Girl that I work with bought a Mercedes SUV and said she needed it so she could get to work in bad weather.

She's home right now.
New guy who was getting fired today is stuck in his driveway in 4 inches of snow which proves my point that he's challenged.
Today is National Lager Day.
Everybody go have one. Or 8
Joe Wrote:New guy who was getting fired today is stuck in his driveway in 4 inches of snow which proves my point that he's challenged.

I can get out of 4 inches of snow if its at the parking lot at work, and drive home in it, but for some reason 4 inches of snow at my house gets my vehicle stuck.
Joe Wrote:Girl that I work with bought a Mercedes SUV and said she needed it so she could get to work in bad weather
She's home right now.

People are lazy, if they think they can get a day off work especially paid ones (for those who are salary) will.
Other than our full time recycle employee we left one cabbage on part time to work. He got called the other day to work a few days after Christmas because our employee is getting married on New Years Eve and he refused. Jim called him yesterday to work this AM and he refused. So... now we just won't phone him.
Chip Wrote:Today is National Lager Day.
Everybody go have one. Or 8

okay. 8 it is. at least.
[Image: image%25255B3%25255D.png]
lager fun facts. fuckin a

I had some sam adams a few months ago. I kind of liked it. but holy shit. they want way too much money for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6