Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday 10/17/2013. Mmmkay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:When the Flyers tank their season I usually just hope the Devils win. This looks to be a shitty season all around.

There is always the Capitals.......

Just as long as you don't hop on that Penguins bandwagon......

Yeah, I fixed it.
What's it to ya?

It is gonna be fun to watch all the Flyer bandwagon peeps jump ship as the season goes on...

After last year, and the cap going down so much this year, I didn't really have any high hopes for this year.
The fact that the cap will probably go up next year, higher then it was the year before the lockout, makes me hate the idiots in charge even more.

I was surprised Holmgren didn't go with Laviolette. They brought Hextall back for a reason.
[Image: 9b7a9a.jpeg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Yeah, I don't care.

I am not sure if you have noticed, but I am not a fan of government workers and feel that the government could cut about 50% of their workers who are nothing more than dead space anyway.

They qualify for unemployment, let them do that like the rest of us would have to if our company went broke b/c it spends more than it brings in and wastes money like it is water.

Half of federal workers should be shit canned and their positions eliminated.

Yes, most of the ones I know are lazy. The few Gov workers I know brag about how great their benefits are and how much time they spend doing nothing.

One of our guys left here to go work for the Gov and a month later he told me there's no work there. He just hangs out all day and occasionally fixes something.
perp is synonymous with minority
nice vagina. I want to perp all in that.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:When the Flyers tank their season I usually just hope the Devils win. This looks to be a shitty season all around.

There is always the Penguins.......

Just as long as you don't hop on that Capitals bandwagon......

I was thinking the Caps. Since the Hershey Bears are their farm team it's only logical. I'm definitely going to a few Bears games this year since it's a cheap night out.
Hershey highway bears
they still play hockey nowadays?
perp
perp le drank
:eek:
Derick Wrote:Hershey highway bears

hershey highway dancing bears. Confusedhock:
LeNeve Wrote:perp
perp le drank

:roflmao:

Dem people
Dem ocrats
Confusedhock:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:There is always the Capitals.......

Just as long as you don't hop on that Penguins bandwagon......

Yeah, I fixed it.
What's it to ya?

It is gonna be fun to watch all the Flyer bandwagon peeps jump ship as the season goes on...

After last year, and the cap going down so much this year, I didn't really have any high hopes for this year.
The fact that the cap will probably go up next year, higher then it was the year before the lockout, makes me hate the idiots in charge even more.

I was surprised Holmgren didn't go with Laviolette. They brought Hextall back for a reason.

If they were going to fire Laviolette, they should have done it after last season. To do it 3 games into the season was stupid, real stupid.

- The Flyers need to stop trying to buy a cup and start to develop more guys, especially on defense.

- They also have to many grit forwards and not enough skill forwards. Short of Giroux and Voracek, it is almost all grit. Hartnell, Talbot, Read, Cotourier, Schenn, Rinaldo and Simmonds are all grit players. That is too many grit players. And at this point, Vinnie is more of a grit player than a skill player. They need to trade some grit for skill.

- They tied up way to much money on defense. Including Pronger, they have 7 dmen who make at least $2.5 mill a year. You can only dress 6. They need to develop dmen to compliment the 3 that most likely will be paid highly.

- Goaltending, it still sucks, it has sucked since Hextall. At this point, it is really at the level of a curse. Emery didn't work out the first time, he had one good year on the best team in hockey as a backup and the Flyers throw money at him. I hear Flyers fans this year saying it is not Mason's fault, but that is the exact same thing they said about Bryzgoalov right until the point they found out he was going to be a cut with the exemption, then all of a sudden he sucked. Newsflash, he was inconsistent and choppy the whole time. Do whatever it takes to draft the next can't miss goalie and stop trying to hit on guys based off minor success in other teams systems.

That is my analysis of what the Flyers need to do. I also just want to point out that I was right when I said everyone had a career year in 2011-2012 and that all but Giroux would decline from there...
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:perp
perp le drank

:roflmao:

Dem people
Dem ocrats
Confusedhock:

I think we just cracked some sort of code.
romanian hummers
[Image: 32678b7b-0d84-4a88-8376-3c892a703acf_ghe...ue_630.gif]
Pete Nice Wrote:If they were going to fire Laviolette, they should have done it after last season. To do it 3 games into the season was stupid, real stupid.

- The Flyers need to stop trying to buy a cup and start to develop more guys, especially on defense.

- They also have to many grit forwards and not enough skill forwards. Short of Giroux and Voracek, it is almost all grit. Hartnell, Talbot, Read, Cotourier, Schenn, Rinaldo and Simmonds are all grit players. That is too many grit players. And at this point, Vinnie is more of a grit player than a skill player. They need to trade some grit for skill.

- They tied up way to much money on defense. Including Pronger, they have 7 dmen who make at least $2.5 mill a year. You can only dress 6. They need to develop dmen to compliment the 3 that most likely will be paid highly.

- Goaltending, it still sucks, it has sucked since Hextall. At this point, it is really at the level of a curse. Emery didn't work out the first time, he had one good year on the best team in hockey as a backup and the Flyers throw money at him. I hear Flyers fans this year saying it is not Mason's fault, but that is the exact same thing they said about Bryzgoalov right until the point they found out he was going to be a cut with the exemption, then all of a sudden he sucked. Newsflash, he was inconsistent and choppy the whole time. Do whatever it takes to draft the next can't miss goalie and stop trying to hit on guys based off minor success in other teams systems.

That is my analysis of what the Flyers need to do. I also just want to point out that I was right when I said everyone had a career year in 2011-2012 and that all but Giroux would decline from there...

1. They develop plenty of forwards, they need a defensemen or two. Even the guys that they trade for, they get young. They just love to sign that big name also.

2. I think those players have enough skill too. Their forwards aren't their problem.

3. If Proger were still playing, this wouldn't be an issue. They had no way of knowing that would happen. Then, if Nashville hadn't matched the Weber off, this wouldn't be an issue.

4. Emery did work out the first time he was there, he had a hip injury that everyone though would be a career ender. And he's getting 1.5 million? Same as Mason? Maybe they could have tried harder for Schneider, but there weren't too many options out there.

With the cap going down so much this year, their options were limited at every position. I don't know that they had much hope for this year either.

Que someone saying there's a sub forum for this...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7