Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Re: Wednesday 07/24/2013 - Winning Bullet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:It's not. I'm in a really tough spot and the job market has sucked around here. A few guys I know that recently got pretty kick ass jobs have had to relocate. I'd be all over that idea if my house wasn't under water.
how bad are you upside down on the house? Would selling it for a small loss be worth it to get out, and be able to relocate to a better job market?

I'd take a $80,000 to $100,000 loss if I sold right now.
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:Joe - do you know how to drive a semi, or forklift? I got jobs, both PT and FT

Neither one of those jobs are going to match my salary.
umm... not initially, but would probably exceed it greatly with a bit of time. Our top driver last year made 132K. He never graduated HS. He sleeps in his own bed every day
Joe Wrote:I'm so angry in general anymore.... Confusedad:

AT night I hate going to bed because I know I have to get up and come into this job in the morning. When I wake up in the morning all I want to do is call out. When I get here I have to constantly remind myself to keep it together and not to lose my shit so I don't get fired. Man, this really sucks.

That sucks. Seriously go get your CDL. If our business ever goes under, I could have a job in a heartbeat. You don't even have to do long haul to make good money
my friend is a highschool drop out, and he makes bank driving a truck. and he is alwys posting cool pictures of america on FB. its like hes getting paid to take a vacation.
I have two good friends that drive trucks. 1 of them doesn't make anything and the other is an OTR driver who makes the same money I do and never gets to see the place he lives in.
Joe Wrote:I have two good friends that drive trucks. 1 of them doesn't make anything and the other is an OTR driver who makes the same money I do and never gets to see the place he lives in.
neither of your friends are doing it right
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I have two good friends that drive trucks. 1 of them doesn't make anything and the other is an OTR driver who makes the same money I do and never gets to see the place he lives in.
neither of your friends are doing it right

Commercials on Sirius make is sound like a dream job...
I want to rock and roll all night, and part of every day.

My one driver gets paid commission on the cartage, so if I charge a customer $143,he gets 20% of it ($28.60). That drive will take him 45 mins to an hour from pick up to delivery.
The other gets paid hourly $18/hr.
Joe Wrote:I'm so angry in general anymore.... Confusedad:

AT night I hate going to bed because I know I have to get up and come into this job in the morning. When I wake up in the morning all I want to do is call out. When I get here I have to constantly remind myself to keep it together and not to lose my shit so I don't get fired. Man, this really sucks.
:whomo:
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:Joe - do you know how to drive a semi, or forklift? I got jobs, both PT and FT

Neither one of those jobs are going to match my salary.
umm... not initially, but would probably exceed it greatly with a bit of time. Our top driver last year made 132K. He never graduated HS. He sleeps in his own bed every day
I will never see 132K Confusedwoot: I am giving up
Yeah, how the hell do you make 132k driving a truck?
Is he smuggling people across boarders?
Chip Wrote:Yeah, how the hell do you make 132k driving a truck?

You work a lot. I can see if you are an hourly employee and then roll over into OT and double time. FedEx needs shit moved, I can see where they may need extra drivers and it happening.
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Yeah, how the hell do you make 132k driving a truck?

You work a lot. I can see if you are an hourly employee and then roll over into OT and double time. FedEx needs shit moved, I can see where they may need extra drivers and it happening.

That's insane.
If he's not working close to 80 hours a week, FedEx is dumb.
LeNeve Wrote:I want to rock and roll all night, and part of every day.

haha

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III possibly while taking a dump
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10