Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday 12/17.... Early
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Brampton Wrote:Am I the only one who notices how when a national tradgedy happens, there are always 2 respnses?.

1. People feel bad, and move on while not forgetting.
2. People overreact and dont stop mentioning it, to the point where they want to make it about them

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Yes and yes and they run crazy with every rumored version of what happened
LeNeve Wrote:man packing
I'm not even going to attempt that google search

I looked it up on Yahoo. I was disappointed.
JDubb Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Am I the only one who notices how when a national tradgedy happens, there are always 2 respnses?.

2. People overreact and dont stop mentioning it, to the point where they want to make it about them

Number 2 pisses me off

I removed a few friends from facebook because of this & also discovered the show only important updates on news feed option for each friend this past weekend

Facebook to me is about family, pictures of your kids, stuff going on your lives, getting political solves nothing on facebook & makes your friends judgmental of you
I don't follow Piers Morgan on twitter but would have unfollowed him this weekend. He tweeted out each kids name and age; that was bad enough but then there were those that retweeted all of the names again. I feel terrible about what happened but I don't think tweeting and posting on FB will do anything for further the conversation on how to prevent this from ever happening again.

I hate how they started plastering those kids' names everywhere. I was more pissed at that one dad who came forward to discuss his baby girl. He said that he decided to release a statement because of all of the media kept contacting his family. The friggin cops repeatedly asked the fucking media to leave those poor families alone, too.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Am I the only once who doesn't watch Dexter???

I don't. I got rid of HBO a long time ago.
You don't watch it because you don't know what channel it's on.

Do you have Showtime? It's on Showtime not HBO.
Chip Wrote:

:dumbass:

We had that and Showtime, but hardly ever watched them. Until recently, I never watched much tv.
Brian Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

You don't watch it because you don't know what channel it's on.

Well, obviously!
JDubb Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

Do you have Showtime? It's on Showtime not HBO.

No. Got rid of Showtime, too. Kinda think I should get back on one of those.
Where's T? I think this kid is trying to punch her way out and it hurts.
Derick Wrote:I had to get up at 4am this morning, then drive almost an hour for an interview. I need a nap

3 days a week I get up at 4am just to go to the gym and on some occasions its 3am for bird seed delivery to Costco.

I'm definitely #1. Both the schools in Beausejour are well secure that I am not paranoid about it. A chick at gym class pulled both of her kids out of school until the new year.
NussieT Wrote:

I'm definitely #1. Both the schools in Beausejour are well secure that I am not paranoid about it. A chick at gym class pulled both of her kids out of school until the new year.

I have no idea what I would have done. I probably would have sent mine to school.
Pete Nice Wrote:I pulled a LeNeve on one of T's facebook status recently. Substituted dong for something she posted. It was funny. Brampton was the only one who caught it.

sent from a levy in Kansas

I saw it... At that point I was pissed off and said I would deal with it later. Then forgot.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I have no idea what I would have done. I probably would have sent mine to school.

The only thing to do is move on, dwelling on it isn't going to change the past and you can't stop your life waiting for someone to change either.
I've been in a similar situation before. One kid pulled a shotgun out during drivers ed (I was in the gym for volleyball practice).
NussieT Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I have no idea what I would have done. I probably would have sent mine to school.

The only thing to do is move on, dwelling on it isn't going to change the past and you can't stop your life waiting for someone to change either.
I've been in a similar situation before. One kid pulled a shotgun out during drivers ed (I was in the gym for volleyball practice).

Well, exactly.

It's funny, my dad actually came over yesterday to help Jim work on the baby's room (if you knew my dad, you would know he doesn't usually do anything to help anyone especially me.. Mom made him). I guess he told Jim that he has several guns and offered to give him a couple to protect our household. Apparently age has softened my dad and that whole news story has gotten him thinking.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9