Dudebro Nation

Full Version: I hate the way ________ says......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Rydrum Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:I HATE when someone says "you's guys".
- I think you mean "yous" as in people making the you plural by adding the s. As someone from philly region that really annoys the hell out of me.
I always thought that was a Philly thing too.
I've said this many times, but the way Covino & Rich say jewelry. They say jewel-la-ry when it's jewel-ry. Then again I'm in the "do what" category myself!!!
geinslunchbox Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:What the Fuck is a zanzabar?

Isn't that a song?

You're thinking of Xanadu
Girl I love that awful movie! If you ever have the chance...check out "Roller Boogie" with Linda Blair frrom the Excorist....hilarious & awful all rolled into one

Honestly, I think I might have seen that.. Years ago when I was a kid.
Rydrum Wrote:
geinslunchbox Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:You're thinking of Xanadu
Girl I love that awful movie! If you ever have the chance...check out "Roller Boogie" with Linda Blair frrom the Excorist....hilarious & awful all rolled into one

Xanadu is a Rush song (sweet song if you like prog rock). Its also mentioned in the Samuel Coleridge poem.

- I think you mean "yous" as in people making the you plural by adding the s. As someone from philly region that really annoys the hell out of me.

I absolutely HATE Rush. THAT GROUP CAN EAT A BOWL OF SPOY DICK!
One annoying thing that I don't have to hear as much any more.. " I need to Ax you a question." Really?
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:One annoying thing that I don't have to hear as much any more.. " I need to Ax you a question." Really?
why, cause you stopped dating black guys?
Brampton Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:One annoying thing that I don't have to hear as much any more.. " I need to Ax you a question." Really?

No silly, she still dates black guys. Just less urban ones.
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

No silly, she still dates black guys. Just less urban ones.
B-Zing...
the keifer Wrote:
Rydrum Wrote:
I always thought that was a Philly thing too.

It is more of an italian-south-philly thing, and having to hear it when I went to school in the city annoyed the hell out of me.
Brampton Wrote:
beckster Wrote:One annoying thing that I don't have to hear as much any more.. " I need to Ax you a question." Really?

Last time I checked, Jim was a white dude... Sure, he listens to Tupac and ICP, but I've never heard him say "ax" instead of "ask". I do get to hear it still from people calling this dealership to ax about why their car is doing whatever.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
beckster Wrote:One annoying thing that I don't have to hear as much any more.. " I need to Ax you a question." Really?

Last time I checked, Jim was a white dude... Sure, he listens to Tupac and ICP, but I've never heard him say "ax" instead of "ask". I do get to hear it still from people calling this dealership to ax about why their car is doing whatever.

:?
I think something that could be added is the discussion of "phrases that should be retired" as in "I know, right?", "kudos" and "it is what it is"
geinslunchbox Wrote:I think something that could be added is the discussion of "phrases that should be retired" as in "I know, right?", "kudos" and "it is what it is"
I hate "it is what it is"!!! I had a boss who used to say it all the time, he was a total ass. I can't stand the defeated message it implies. If it's broke, fix it don't throw you're arms in the air and give up. It effin infuriates me when ever I hear it.
JDubb Wrote:
geinslunchbox Wrote:I think something that could be added is the discussion of "phrases that should be retired" as in "I know, right?", "kudos" and "it is what it is"
I hate "it is what it is"!!! I had a boss who used to say it all the time, he was a total ass. I can't stand the defeated message it implies. If it's broke, fix it don't throw you're arms in the air and give up. It effin infuriates me when ever I hear it.

As we are all adults here can we eliminate "effin" :finger: ? Also "Do what?" needs to go.
Rydrum Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

As we are all adults here can we eliminate "effin" :finger: ? Also "Do what?" needs to go.

+1
"Do what?" is terrible. Just terrible.
Pages: 1 2 3 4