Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 2011 Playoffs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Seems like the hawks dont want to go out in the first round. Down 3-0, now tied at 3-3 in the series. Lasts night game was great
Derick Wrote:Seems like the hawks dont want to go out in the first round. Down 3-0, now tied at 3-3 in the series. Lasts night game was great

Vancouver: All swedish, no finnish.
Now, I'm actually reading stuff from some people saying Richards should be suspended.
It was a boarding penalty, he was called for it, it's over.

But going back to the elbow, I saw this, and agree.

20) One NHL coach said two months ago he told his players to react exactly as Mike Richards did when Patrick Kaleta charged at him in Game 5 of Buffalo/Philly. "Put your elbow or stick up and take a minor," he said. "Don't kill the guy, but I'd be happy to take a penalty rather than see you get a concussion." Richards got a major.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/elliottef...ughts.html
I get what people are saying, trying to change the game.
Elbowing and boarding have always been penalties, but players should have a responsibility to protect themselves too.
I agree that Richards probably should not get a suspension for the boarding, but he is indeed showing a pattern of very Matt Cooke like behavior and should have indeed got suspended for the elbow. He will never get suspended though, he is one of Uncle Gary's golden boys.
Chip Wrote:I get what people are saying, trying to change the game.
Elbowing and boarding have always been penalties, but players should have a responsibility to protect themselves too.

Absolutely, but what would he have protected himself against on the boarding? He was the only aggressor. As far as the elbow, all he had to do was throw his shoulder into Koleta and he would have been fine. He had plenty of time to react and could have even more easily put his shoulder into that hit.
Pete Nice Wrote:

Absolutely, but what would he have protected himself against on the boarding? He was the only aggressor. As far as the elbow, all he had to do was throw his shoulder into Koleta and he would have been fine. He had plenty of time to react and could have even more easily put his shoulder into that hit.

I'm fine with them being penalties, even if the boarding had been a major. But I thought the major for the elbow was a little much.

The NHL really needs to establish some sort of scale for punishment.
And that starts with getting rid of Colin.
What Koleta said to Briere and Hartnell was dumb, plain fucking stupid. You are up in the series, at home, have momentum and probably had the lead. That is NOT the time to say that shit. Anyone who plays sports knows that. The only time he should EVER say that shit, is when his team is down, to try and get them off their game to make one mistake. When the other guys team is down, you are always only going to motivate him. DUMB DUMB DUMB. I can tell you, as someone who has played sports at high levels, those remarks played a big part in the Flyers winning yesterday.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I'm fine with them being penalties, even if the boarding had been a major. But I thought the major for the elbow was a little much.

The NHL really needs to establish some sort of scale for punishment.
And that starts with getting rid of Colin.

I agree with everything in that statement, except that the elbow should have only been a minor, all hits to the head should be a major, game misconduct and suspension, that is the precedence the NHL is trying to set, yet they only apply it to players who are not superstars. Players like Malkin, Crosby, Richards, Carter, Gaborik, Kovulchuck, Sedins, will never get suspended unless they cut a guys head off on the ice, that is the problem.

The only reason Ovechkin got suspended is b/c he did it SO MANY times and it was SO OBVIOUS and most of them were on national TV.

FYI, in my opinion, Ovechkin is the dirtiest play in the NHL.
Pete Nice Wrote:What Koleta said to Briere and Hartnell was dumb, plain fucking stupid. You are up in the series, at home, have momentum and probably had the lead. That is NOT the time to say that shit. Anyone who plays sports knows that. The only time he should EVER say that shit, is when his team is down, to try and get them off their game to make one mistake. When the other guys team is down, you are always only going to motivate him. DUMB DUMB DUMB. I can tell you, as someone who has played sports at high levels, those remarks played a big part in the Flyers winning yesterday.

Same as when you're down in a series, but up in a game, at home.
Don't fight, even if you win, it won't help with anything. :?
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:What Koleta said to Briere and Hartnell was dumb, plain fucking stupid. You are up in the series, at home, have momentum and probably had the lead. That is NOT the time to say that shit. Anyone who plays sports knows that. The only time he should EVER say that shit, is when his team is down, to try and get them off their game to make one mistake. When the other guys team is down, you are always only going to motivate him. DUMB DUMB DUMB. I can tell you, as someone who has played sports at high levels, those remarks played a big part in the Flyers winning yesterday.

Carcillo/Talbot

[Image: MaximeTalbotShhhhh.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Carcillo/Talbot

Carcillo didn't blow that lead himself, but WTF?!?!?!
It's hard to find something dumb that a player can do, that Carcillo hasn't done already.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Carcillo/Talbot

Carcillo didn't blow that lead himself, but WTF?!?!?!
It's hard to find something dumb that a player can do, that Carcillo hasn't done already.

This is true. If you had the choice, would you want him on or off your team?
Pete Nice Wrote:This is true. If you had the choice, would you want him on or off your team?

As he is now? Off.
If someone could get through to him and straighten him out? I'd take him. But I'm about at the point where I don't think that will happen.
He's just one of those players.

Downie really seemed to calm down and start putting up decent numbers once he got to Tampa, and people say that was all because of Tocchet.
Now that Tocchet is gone, he seems to be relapsing.
Milbury was bashing the Flyers the other day and their "Organizational failures" for not getting a goalie.
While that is true, maybe he shouldn't say anything.

I knew he traded Luongo, but I just saw what the full trade was.
Luongo and Olli Jokinen to the Florida Panthers for Oleg Kvasha and Mark Parrish.

On the same day he made this trade.

Kevin Weekes, Kristian Kudroc and a second-round pick in 2001 to Tampa Bay for the fifth overall pick(LW Raffi Torres) and CGY’s fourth(NYI selected RW Vladimir Gorbunov) and NYI’s seventh-rounder(previously acquired, NYI select D Ryan Caldwell)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12