Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Friday, January 28, 2011 - Feeling Old
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I also can't stand that we have no boundries for support. A ticket just came in because a user downloaded the entire fucking Beatles collection and it's not syncing to his iPhone. I've had issues like this in the past where I'd tell them I can only help them wtiih business related items and then it gets back to my boss and he'll basically suck their dick and tell me I have to do it. So I'll spend the next 2 hours working in a stupid ass iPhone issue while real issues get put aside.
Joe Wrote:I also can't stand that we have no boundries for support. A ticket just came in because a user downloaded the entire fucking Beatles collection and it's not syncing to his iPhone. I've had issues like this in the past where I'd tell them I can only help them wtiih business related items and then it gets back to my boss and he'll basically suck their dick and tell me I have to do it. So I'll spend the next 2 hours working in a stupid ass iPhone issue while real issues get put aside.
Your boss is a fanboy.
Joe Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote::flame: If I don't get fired today it will be amazing. I will just have to continue to tell meself to bite my lip.

Why? What's goin on?

My company is based in an office that's an hour and a half away. There are like 15 guys in the office that do what I do. It's not in a city and everything there is sunshine and rainbows. Clients are friendly and the guys don't have to deal with travel and parking.

I work in a new office and I support clients mostly in Harrisburg (State Capital) Clients here are lawyers and lobbyists which aren't known for being the easiest people. The problem here is my employer knows nothing about working for the type of clients that I have and they push down bad decisions and ask me to implement them. When those bad decisions turn out to be bad decisions my employer leaves it up to me to clean up the messes and they wipe their hands of it.

They also don't understand how big the rest of Pennsylvania is outside of their little area so I have clients that are an hour and a half from each other. Hell I even have clients in Philly and Pittsburgh. I'm just worn out....
That suck bro. Sounds like they are leaving you hang out to dry for bad management.
Joe Wrote:My company is based in an office that's an hour and a half away. There are like 15 guys in the office that do what I do. It's not in a city and everything there is sunshine and rainbows. Clients are friendly and the guys don't have to deal with travel and parking.

I work in a new office and I support clients mostly in Harrisburg (State Capital) Clients here are lawyers and lobbyists which aren't known for being the easiest people. The problem here is my employer knows nothing about working for the type of clients that I have and they push down bad decisions and ask me to implement them. When those bad decisions turn out to be bad decisions my employer leaves it up to me to clean up the messes and they wipe their hands of it.

They also don't understand how big the rest of Pennsylvania is outside of their little area so I have clients that are an hour and a half from each other. Hell I even have clients in Philly and Pittsburgh. I'm just worn out....

Higher ups with no clue about reality??? Yeah, I feel for ya. I have those here, too. Our "engineer" (term used loosely) moved equipment to the newer plant and put stuff in backwards and skipped installing the safeties.

They are all a bunch of morons if you ask me.
It's 11:00a already??!! Dang! The morning flew by
JDubb Wrote:That suck bro. Sounds like they are leaving you hang out to dry for bad management.

I have a client that has had a problem after we installed a new network 6 months ago. I was against this setup, but I was new and no one listened to me. I was told that the people at my main office were going to develope somoe kind of new solution for me whiel I worked on other client projects.

After being ignored for a few months my boss emailed me the other day to see how that client was doing. I told him I avoid them because I'm too ashamed to face them. No one responded to my email, but I got a call today from that oofice and they have something for me to test.

I used to do everything I could to talk up my company to my clients, but then it got to the point where they were failing to meet those expectations and the clients started to come down on me. Now I just do my own thing.
Joe Wrote:I also can't stand that we have no boundries for support. A ticket just came in because a user downloaded the entire fucking Beatles collection and it's not syncing to his iPhone. I've had issues like this in the past where I'd tell them I can only help them wtiih business related items and then it gets back to my boss and he'll basically suck their dick and tell me I have to do it. So I'll spend the next 2 hours working in a stupid ass iPhone issue while real issues get put aside.
that's funny, that type of issue is something I would ask you, not our IT guy.
Brian Wrote:Your boss is a fanboy.

It's not just iPhones. A few months ago a girl emailed me and told me she was going to Croatia for vacation and she wanted me to make sure her phone was going to work. I forwarded the email to Verizon and they said it checked out ok. I forwarded her the email to tell her what they said.

She got there and it didn't work so she found an internet cafe and sent me an email telling me how incompitent I am and then she emailed her bosses so they could get all over me.

I explained to all of them that I do not work for Verizon and that I merely got involved as a courtesy. Cell phone support isn't in my client's contracts. They got all pissed about it and my boss came here and met with them to show them the contract. Instead of standinng his ground we now support their cell phones and I have to look their bills over and make sure they aren't getting over charged.
Joe Wrote:

It's not just iPhones. A few months ago a girl emailed me and told me she was going to Croatia for vacation and she wanted me to make sure her phone was going to work. I forwarded the email to Verizon and they said it checked out ok. I forwarded her the email to tell her what they said.

She got there and it didn't work so she found an internet cafe and sent me an email telling me how incompitent I am and then she emailed her bosses so they could get all over me.

I explained to all of them that I do not work for Verizon and that I merely got involved as a courtesy. Cell phone support isn't in my client's contracts. They got all pissed about it and my boss came here and met with them to show them the contract. Instead of standinng his ground we now support their cell phones and I have to look their bills over and make sure they aren't getting over charged.

your job sucks.
I think Jim Norton should be the program director for Octane. First ten minutes on Boneyard and he's played Disturbed, Godsmack, and Drowning Pool. His one hour show on boneyard is better than anything on Octane.
Joe Wrote:

Confusedwoot: [smiley]your boss is a douchebag[/smiley]
Brian Wrote:I think Jim Norton should be the program director for Octane. First ten minutes on Boneyard and he's played Korn, Godsmack, and Drowning Pool. His one hour show on boneyard is better than anything on Octane.

I wish they would change the name from boneyard, to something less gay.
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

your job sucks.
Yep, definitely sucks.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:I think Jim Norton should be the program director for Octane. First ten minutes on Boneyard and he's played Korn, Godsmack, and Drowning Pool. His one hour show on boneyard is better than anything on Octane.

I wish they would change the name from boneyard, to something less gay.
You can thank xm for that. Wasn't buzzsaw before the merger?
Brian Wrote:
Your boss is a fanboy.

I particularly love C&R fanboys.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20