Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Yamika
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the symboilism of the Yamika?

Why do jewish men or boys wear it?

What is the meaning?

I truly don't know and am curious.
It symbolizes chugging on weiners and being cheap.
I don't know either.
[youtube]S07wE5Gxsf8[/youtube]
In brief

The Talmud states "Cover your head in order that the fear of heaven may be upon you."[1] and "Rabbi Hunah ben Joshua never walked 4 cubits (2 meters) with his head uncovered. He explained: 'Because the Divine Presence is always over my head."[2] Jewish Law dictates that a man is required to cover his head during prayer.[3] Originally, a head covering at other times for males was a custom, but it has since taken on "the force of law" because it is an act of Kiddush Hashem.[4] The 17th-century authority David HaLevi Segal suggested that the reason was to distinguish Jews from their non-Jewish counterparts, especially while at prayer.
:roflmao:

I almost posted something about how they use it to hide their jew gold, or jake jew gold.

I've only known one jewish person in my life, and he was just someone at high school I wasn't friends with.
Chip Wrote::roflmao:

I almost posted something about how they use it to hide their jew gold, or jake jew gold.

I've only known one jewish person in my life, and he was just someone at high school I wasn't friends with.

Same with me.. only knew one, went to highschool with him. He overdosed on coke and died last year.

:roflmao: :roflmao: I was going to do the same thing before I even finished reading Pete's post.
Brampton Wrote:In brief

The Talmud states "Cover your head in order that the fear of heaven may be upon you."[1] and "Rabbi Hunah ben Joshua never walked 4 cubits (2 meters) with his head uncovered. He explained: 'Because the Divine Presence is always over my head."[2] Jewish Law dictates that a man is required to cover his head during prayer.[3] Originally, a head covering at other times for males was a custom, but it has since taken on "the force of law" because it is an act of Kiddush Hashem.[4] The 17th-century authority David HaLevi Segal suggested that the reason was to distinguish Jews from their non-Jewish counterparts, especially while at prayer.
:yawn:
Brian in NY Wrote:

:roflmao: :roflmao: I was going to do the same thing before I even finished reading Pete's post.

Oops, I mean "fake jew gold"
Brian in NY Wrote:

:yawn:

I understand every fourth word there.

This was the same explaination I was told when I asked before. I don't know why they just can't wear Phillies hats though...
Joe Wrote:

This was the same explaination I was told when I asked before. I don't know why they just can't wear Phillies hats though...
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lidsforyids.com/misc.htm">http://www.lidsforyids.com/misc.htm</a><!-- m -->
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lidsforyids.com/misc.htm">http://www.lidsforyids.com/misc.htm</a><!-- m -->

They need a DBN version.
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

They need a DBN version.
hook that shit up :high5:
Pages: 1 2