Dudebro Nation

Full Version: WWYD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My son gets home from school pretty upset. After talking about it, his band teacher yells at him & a few of his buds for being late for class. After talking some more his teacher wants them to rush through their lunch & be in his class and set up(with instruments) before the 1st bell rings. Now they only get 25 min. for lunch as it is so technically he was not late. Put on your parental hats(or if you plan to be a parent one day) and wwyd? I have already done what I needed to do I am just curious what you would have done!!!
I'd pull him out of band and sign him up for a sport.
Hmmmm, first of all 25 min for lunch that sucks....maybe they could get their lunch and go eat in the band room, so they can get ready and eat at the same time....Or speak w/the school/teacher and let him know your kid needs to eat not scarf his food down, so he will be there when the bell rings and will get set up asap thereafter.... You know they make the kids rush, rush, rush.....that sucks.
I can see the band teacher's point. He probably gets limited time with the students and wastes most of that with setup. I think if your son is going to commit to something like band then he's got to sacrifice lunch.

Football players sacrifice a lot more than just lunch to be able to be a part of the team.
What joe said. But, being the realist in this situation, he was late to class and got yelled at for it. Seems reasonable. Guess what happens when I show up late to work, guess what happens if I show up to work late too many times. Kids these days. Tell your kid to man the fuck up, simple solution to not getting yelled at; dont be late.

I've noticed a real decline in work ethic from when I was a kid to these kids today. It seems they dont want to take responsibility for thier own actions anymore. For the majority of my life I've worked 2 jobs, 1 ft 1 pt. Then on the weekends I help friends out with projects they cant do themselves. I dont sit here and bitch about it. I make a mistake I own up to it, and make sure I dont do it again. :rant:
Does he play a cool instrument at least?
Derick Wrote:What joe said. But, being the realist in this situation, he was late to class and got yelled at for it. Seems reasonable. Guess what happens when I show up late to work, guess what happens if I show up to work late too many times. Kids these days. Tell your kid to man the fuck up, simple solution to not getting yelled at; dont be late.

I've noticed a real decline in work ethic from when I was a kid to these kids today. It seems they dont want to take responsibility for thier own actions anymore. For the majority of my life I've worked 2 jobs, 1 ft 1 pt. Then on the weekends I help friends out with projects they cant do themselves. I dont sit here and bitch about it. I make a mistake I own up to it, and make sure I dont do it again. :rant:
:whomo:
I'd be speaking to the teacher to get the full scoop first, then handle accordingly whether it is to tell the kid to make better use of his time or bring it up to the school board that things need to change.
I would talk to the teacher and see what happened not saying your son is a liar but there are two sides of every story. Once that has been done you can figure out what to do. When I was in orchestra class I never had to leave my breaks or lunch early to get my instrument ready. Our teacher allowed us five minutes to get our instrument off the shelf, find our music folder in the bin, get to our chair and set up our instrument. She said it shouldn't take longer than that. I don't see why your son's school couldn't do the same.
what is with you all talking to the teacher bull shit. Talk to your kid instead, if the teacher tells him to not be late, maybe you should tell your kid to not be late. Period end of discussion.
Derick Wrote:what is with you all talking to the teacher bull shit. Talk to your kid instead, if the teacher tells him to not be late, maybe you should tell your kid to not be late. Period end of discussion.

If you have 25 minutes for your lunch and your boss wants you back at your desk 5 minutes early every day wouldn't you be a little pissed off that you get jacked 5 minutes of your lunch everyday.
Nussie_T Wrote:
Derick Wrote:what is with you all talking to the teacher bull shit. Talk to your kid instead, if the teacher tells him to not be late, maybe you should tell your kid to not be late. Period end of discussion.

If you have 25 minutes for your lunch and your boss wants you back at your desk 5 minutes early every day wouldn't you be a little pissed off that you get jacked 5 minutes of your lunch everyday.

The kids wants to play the flute. If that's what it takes then that's what he's got to do. It's not like we're talking about the English teacher here.
Nussie_T Wrote:

no. That just means I need to eat a little faster. Dont piss off the hand that feeds
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:What joe said. But, being the realist in this situation, he was late to class and got yelled at for it. Seems reasonable. Guess what happens when I show up late to work, guess what happens if I show up to work late too many times. Kids these days. Tell your kid to man the fuck up, simple solution to not getting yelled at; dont be late.

Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

:whomo: now that i realize the meaning of this smilie
Pages: 1 2 3