Dudebro Nation

Full Version: WWYD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here was my email and his response!!!

Hi ----, My name is Eddie Fite and I am Jordan's father. After talking with my son, who was upset last week, he informed me that you yelled at him and a few other students for being late for his class. After talking with him some more, I learned that he wasn't late and that you are requiring them to finish their lunch early and be in your class set up before the first bell rings. It is my understanding that they have 25 minutes for lunch. That is their time to eat and not yours! Now if he comes in late after your scheduled time for class to begin then you can mark him late and we will deal with that at home with Jordan. If I need to come and meet with you and/or administration, I will be more than happy to do so. We have very little involvement with school faculty and put our son under your supervision and guidance for learning once a day. I expect you to manage your time as well as your lesson plans in the alotted time given for your class. If at any time Jordan is disruptive or needs discipline, I expect you to take the necessary actions needed to correct this. At no time are you to yell at or humiliate him in a classroom or public setting. You are more than welcome to contact me, at any time, concerning this or any other matters concerning Jordan. My cell/text is ------. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Mr. Fite,

You are very correct. I was certainly out of line and it will not happen again. Please accept my apology.

Sincerely,
-------
I would have told you to go fuck yourself. But thats just me, and thats why I dont teach.
Derick Wrote:I would have told you to go fuck yourself. But thats just me, and thats why I dont teach.

Once again, :whomo:
It is obvious that you love your son, and want to do EVERYTHING to protect him, and make him happy.

My parents did the same thing. Guess what? That shit don't work. I'm the oldest child, and still the favorite somehow. My mom is 47 years old, and my Dad is 50.

I made so much trouble, just because I knew that my parents would go to bat for me.

You need to lay down the law, and take the side of the people in charge. Your Son might hate you for a couple hours, but you are his Dad. He will forgive you within a day.

My parents got divorced when I was 8. I did not get punished EVER, after that. They were both too busy trying to win mine, and my sisters love. The thing is, they didn't have to try. I would have loved them no matter what, because they are my parents.

It sounds like you are trying too hard to be a friend to your son. That is great, but you need to be a Dad first.
The best way to protect your kids is to teach them to deal with the shit that happens in the real world on their own. If they know you'll always do it for them they'll never learn to do it themselves and you'll find yourself holding the bag for them forever. Life is almost ALWAYS unfair and full of bullshit. The sooner they learn that, and learn to deal with it themselves, the better off they'll be. That's how I do it with my kids.
I don't have kids, so I can not really make an educated opinion here.

I see why Eddie did what he did, and I do not think he is wrong. I also see all your points as well and I agree with them also.

I think it is great the Eddie is so involved in his son's life. If more dads were like Eddie, there would be a lot less problems in this world.

As the same time, I see what Hondo and even LeNeve are saying. Kids might get coddled too much. In this particular situation, I think your son might have been overreacting Eddie, but at the same time, the teacher should NEVER have yelled at him in public. He should have taken him aside and scolded him, which would not be as embarrassing for your son.

While I think no one is wrong in their assessments here, I also think that there is a fine line here, you don't want the kid treated poorly, but at the same time you don't want your kid to turn into a pussetta.
I have to agree with Hondo.

A little story about me. My parents were fairly strict, I never got to take a day off of school, except for those school approved days for sports etc. If I was sick, I went to school. If I got yelled at by a teacher, I respected that authority figure. If I was to tell my parents that I got yelled at by a teacher, I would get yelled at by my parents. I learned really quick that life is not fair, rules dont apply to everyone equally. This taught me a number of lessons. To this day, I dont take days off for stupid reasons like having the sniffles, I respect those of authority, I show up on time. I may not always agree, but you can be damn sure I'm gonna comply, especially when they sign my paycheck. You can ask everyone of my teachers/empoyeers, and they will nothing but good things to say about my work ethic. My father was my father not my friend. I respect that man.

My thoughts on what Eddie just taught his kid. He doesnt have to follow the rules, he doesnt have to respect authority figures cause dad will take care of it for me. These are lessons that will not get him far in life. Good luck kid
Derick Wrote:I would have told you to go fuck yourself. But thats just me, and thats why I dont teach.

Who's to say that the teacher didn't write that originally? Before sending an more appropriate version, of course. :wink:
Either way Eddie put the douche in his place and Eddie now has the upper hand going forward. The band teacher is Eddie's bitch. Big Grin
JDubb Wrote:Either way Eddie put the douche in his place and Eddie now has the upper hand going forward. The band teacher is Eddie's bitch. Big Grin
and what lesson does that teach the kid. NOTHING. All that proves is that the kid can show up and do whatever he wants knowing Dad will handle it
Derick Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Either way Eddie put the douche in his place and Eddie now has the upper hand going forward. The band teacher is Eddie's bitch. Big Grin
and what lesson does that teach the kid. NOTHING. All that proves is that the kid can show up and do whatever he wants knowing Dad will handle it

Not at all. What did the kid do wrong, show up on time for class? The teacher is a :douche: as most high-school teachers are.
Derick Wrote:

Not true at all. Just because Eddie stuck up for his son once doesn't mean he'll always stick up for him. Every situation is different and as a parent you have to decide on which battles you want to fight and which ones are best off leaving alone. I'm sure if Eddie's son had actually came to class late he wouldn't have gone to bat for him.
Pete Nice Wrote:I don't have kids, so I can not really make an educated opinion here.

I see why Eddie did what he did, and I do not think he is wrong. I also see all your points as well and I agree with them also.

I think it is great the Eddie is so involved in his son's life. If more dads were like Eddie, there would be a lot less problems in this world.

As the same time, I see what Hondo and even LeNeve are saying. Kids might get coddled too much. In this particular situation, I think your son might have been overreacting Eddie, but at the same time, the teacher should NEVER have yelled at him in public. He should have taken him aside and scolded him, which would not be as embarrassing for your son.

While I think no one is wrong in their assessments here, I also think that there is a fine line here, you don't want the kid treated poorly, but at the same time you don't want your kid to turn into a pussetta.

While you don't want to coddle your kid. You don't want them disrespecting authority figures. Eddie did right by contact the teacher to ask what happened. Kids have no business talking back to their teachers or trying to deal with a situation with them without the parents' involvement. Especially if they are still fairly young.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:While you don't want to coddle your kid. You don't want them disrespecting authority figures. Eddie did right by contact the teacher to ask what happened. Kids have no business talking back to their teachers or trying to deal with a situation with them without the parents' involvement. Especially if they are still fairly young.
while I agree with this, his kid is not young. By the time you reach high school you should have no problem talking to your teacher about a issue. I'd have more respect for the kid if he talked to me about it rather than his parents talking to me. I dont know what the kids plans are but college professors are very receptive to talking with students about issues.
Now you're one of those parents...
Pages: 1 2 3