Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Complaint Dept.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
LeNeve Wrote:We can use our debit cards at anyplace that excepts visa or master card. There is a very small monthly fee to the bank. Less than 10 bucks I believe. What the banks pay the credit card companies, I have no idea.

We used to pay, to have the privelege of using checks. Checking accounts are free now. You pay the same small fee to have the debit cards, that are accepted everywhere. This has cut down on hot checks big time. You can pay for shit online.

I don't pay any fee. If you are paying a fee for your account or card, you need to get a new bank.

Debt cards are ATM cards and vice versa. We can use them at any ATM, anyplace that does POS (point of sale, enter your pin #) or anywhere that accepts visa or mastercard.

There is no fee though.
I must have paid the $37 overdraft fee 15-20 times this year.
I'll pay some bills online, get gas twice, then not touch my debt card for 8 days. Check my ballance at the atm, still hundreds in there. I rent a movie for $1 out the redbox, or buy a $3 quart of oil go over by 2 bucks and they pay everything out then.

$40 for a quart of oil Confusedwoot: . I swear they hold that shit on purpose. Since nobody writes checks anymore, who really balences their checkbook?
I try not to keep alot of cash in the bank
negadave Wrote:I must have paid the $37 overdraft fee 15-20 times this year.
I'll pay some bills online, get gas twice, then not touch my debt card for 8 days. Check my ballance at the atm, still hundreds in there. I rent a movie for $1 out the redbox, or buy a $3 quart of oil go over by 2 bucks and they pay everything out then.

$40 for a quart of oil Confusedwoot: . I swear they hold that shit on purpose. Since nobody writes checks anymore, who really balences their checkbook?
Can`t you have your bank block it so it doesn`t go over.I had to pay overdraft once and did that.Same with my credit card.

15-20 times a year? Shit, I get pissed off if I have to pay one.
One time I got charged a few, I got all but one back.
I don't keep a lot of money in my checking account, just enough to cover my bills, I use my ATM too much and don't want to have to deal with someone emptying my account. (That happened to my mom because she bought shoes with her ATM card at a TJ Maxx) But, I forgot I had a car payment scheduled for a Saturday, that one charge put me in the negative. The bank says they pay the highest charges first because those are the most important. But, if they were to take the smaller charges first, I would have only over drafted once. I transfered money on Monday so all the charges were covered.

Do I make sense? I've only had one coffee so far...
i bleed green Wrote:

Can`t you have your bank block it so it doesn`t go over.I had to pay overdraft once and did that.Same with my credit card.

They can. But if they do that, they can't dry rape you with overdraft charges. I think those new credit card laws give you the right to choose, but you have to tell them.
i bleed green Wrote:

Or just link your checking to your saving for overdraft protection, that way if it goes over they will cover it for only $10 compared to $30.
Chip Wrote:

15-20 times a year? Shit, I get pissed off if I have to pay one.
One time I got charged a few, I got all but one back.
I don't keep a lot of money in my checking account, just enough to cover my bills, I use my ATM too much and don't want to have to deal with someone emptying my account. (That happened to my mom because she bought shoes with her ATM card at a TJ Maxx) But, I forgot I had a car payment scheduled for a Saturday, that one charge put me in the negative. The bank says they pay the highest charges first because those are the most important. But, if they were to take the smaller charges first, I would have only over drafted once. I transfered money on Monday so all the charges were covered.

Do I make sense? I've only had one coffee so far...

I got a notification that my expense account was OD and took $9 from my savings and htey charged me $10 to do it. This was last week. I looked online Friday, and that account has never dropped below $200. WTF?
Pete Nice Wrote:I got a notification that my expense account was OD and took $9 from my savings and htey charged me $10 to do it. This was last week. I looked online Friday, and that account has never dropped below $200. WTF?

Something like that happened to me. A check I deposited cleared on a day that I used the ATM and charged a couple times.
The check was listed as "available funds". But apparently the bank looked at it like the withdrawl and charges came first, they put me into the negative, then the check was deposited. So they got to charge me three $37 overdraft charges.
I got all but one of those back too. I had to threaten to leave the bank to get that back.
Fuck you National City/PNC!
I use a credit union, so I get spared a lot of fees. I will never go back to a bank.
I have PNC, they always refund your shit if you call and are nice to them.

I love PNC.
Pete Nice Wrote:I have PNC, they always refund your shit if you call and are nice to them.

I love PNC.

The 2 times I had issues, I tried that. It didn't work. Once when it was still National City, and once after the PNC switch.
I had to actually go in and talk to the branch manager to get anything back.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I have PNC, they always refund your shit if you call and are nice to them.

I love PNC.

The 2 times I had issues, I tried that. It didn't work. Once when it was still National City, and once after the PNC switch.

Right out of college, I got a job with PNC as a Financial Services Consultant (ie customer service rep). I used to go into account by searching names and refund all the fees they charged all my deadbeat friends. I never even let my friends know, I just did it. Anyone who called, I refunded all their fees. No one ever called me on it b/c this was the mid 90's before they really started tracking that shit.

I also had the address and phone number of every celebrity that had an account with PNC.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I love PNC.

Right out of college, I got a job with PNC as a Financial Services Consultant (ie customer service rep). I used to go into account by searching names and refund all the fees they charged all my deadbeat friends. I never even let my friends know, I just did it. Anyone who called, I refunded all their fees. No one ever called me on it b/c this was the mid 90's before they really started tracking that shit.

I also had the address and phone number of every celebrity that had an account with PNC.

Other then those couple overdraft issues, PNC has been just fine.
And seeing as how I'm getting my mortgage through them, I'll probably be with them for a while now.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I love PNC.

Other then those couple overdraft issues, PNC has been just fine.
And seeing as how I'm getting my mortgage through them, I'll probably be with them for a while now.

I have my mortgage with them also, it was with National City and then PNC bought that shit out. I have checking savings and mortgage with them.
People that throw their cigarettes on the ground. I hope everyone that does it gets run over by a bus today.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8