Dudebro Nation

Full Version: The Bar Scene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I used to look forward to the weekends when I could head out to the bar to meet up with friends, flirt with guys and just have a good time. My dude and I went to the bar this last weekend for the first time in a long time. I noticed a few things...

~Michigan doesn't allow smoking in buildings anymore, so the smokers gotta go outside, which is great since I don't have to go home feeling and smelling like a dirty ashtray anymore. BUT there's a downside.. drunken smokers stumbled around the parking lot are just an accident waiting to happen. I nearly ran a few of them over while I was trying to park and I was sober.

~Since I am not hunting for dong anymore, I like to go out to hang with people and talk. You can't do that at a bar /club (in mich are pretty much the same) with blaring music so loud you can't hear yourself.

Most of us are in the same age range... Do you guys find yourselves feeling like the days at the bars have gotten old or at least there is no desire to do it often? What do you love/hate about the bar scene?
most often now that I am old, I go to bars where the music isnt blaring, more of get together and chat kinda places. Occasionally I go to more Club like places but that not often
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I am not hunting for dong anymore
quote of the day
I never liked going to bars, but obviously there was the main reason to go - tail.

Now, even going to a local sports bar of eatery of any kind, at night the music is loud and the people are obnoctious.

So I'm with ya, bars suck when you aren't out chasing trim
I've never like the night club kind of bar, I've always hated it.
But, I always have, and still love a good sports bar or neighborhood bar.
And yeah, I still love going out.
I can quit when ever I want, I just don't want to.
Chip Wrote:I can quit when ever I want, I just don't want to.
thats what they all say
Derick Wrote:
thats what they all say

No, really. I haven't drank since last night.
Brampton Wrote:I never liked going to bars, but obviously there was the main reason to go - tail.

Now, even going to a local sports bar of eatery of any kind, at night the music is loud and the people are obnoctious.

So I'm with ya, bars suck when you aren't out chasing trim

Now, there are some bars that have excellent food, but I'd rather go there early before the drunken rush.
Brampton Wrote:bars suck when you aren't out chasing trim
What he said.
I go maybe once every couple of months. They just made no smoking this summer. I have been once since then. It was really quite nice, except I tend to smoke alot when drinking, and was constantly going outside. That was cool too though, sit around outside and chat with people. Not much fun when it gets cold though.

I just find going to the bars annoying. I used to go for the main purpose of getting into fights, and shit too. I like to go when they have a live band that plays rock music. That is about it. I hate djs at bars, and I want to throw shit at them.
The other thing I hate are thing fools who were trying to get me away from Jim to flirt with me. Good grief, do I act like I am interested.. No
Chip Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
thats what they all say

No, really. I haven't drank since last night.

Nice, me either. :high5:
And whomever came up with karaoke needs to be shot, too.
I like going to bars every chance I can get. I'm not really into dive bars, but sports bars and more trendy places are cool. Bars that have a large variety of beers are the ones that I tend to try. Those bars that have like 100 beers on the menu are pretty cool, because you can try new stuff.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:And whomever came up with karaoke needs to be shot, too.
live band karaoke is the shit
Pages: 1 2 3 4