Dudebro Nation

Full Version: The Bar Scene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have never been one to go out to a bar, I am not a big drinker but when I do go I get hammered and then say obscene things like "I am going home to get laid" , ya apparantly if you say it standing on a table as loud as you can the whole town knows about it the next day. My face turned red when someone asked me how it was a few days later as I was out shopping with my mother in law.
Manitoba passed the no smoking indoor law in 05, most of the bars here have an fenced outdoor patio for the drunks to drink and they put tables and chairs out there.
The bars here close at 2 am.
Loud music is good! You all are insulting DJs everywhere...grrr!

I used to love knobbers under the turntables for music request. I miss the 80s- early 90s!!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:Loud music is good! You all are insulting DJs everywhere...grrr!

I used to love knobbers under the turntables for music request. I miss the 80s- early 90s!!!

Confusedhock: Holy fuck, Ed got hacked!
eddieyourdj Wrote:Loud music is good! You all are insulting DJs everywhere...grrr!

"Used to"? You know, there's a pretty easy gay joke there. Too easy even.
Chip Wrote:

Haha, that's funny! I should have said random knobbers from different nussies when I was single, huh???
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Haha, that's funny! I should have said random knobbers from different nussies when I was single, huh???

I'm sure everyone knew what you meant. But I just can't let something like that slide.
Chip Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I'm sure everyone knew what you meant. But I just can't let something like that slide.
Ah the memories!!!

I DJ'd a few times here and there at the local Duquesne University bar in the early 90's. It was fun, but I was not a regular DJ, so I never got to the getting knobber level. I would love to be a resident DJ at a club in NYC or Vegas, or shit even Zen in Pittsburgh. Zen needs a better DJ anyway.

I can tell you this with absolute certainty, I would EASILY be the best club DJ resident in PGH. Not necessarily b/c I have DJ skills, but b/c of music selection. I know club music better than ANY PGH DJ.
I used to dj at a bar back in the day, I always had chics up in the DJ booth. My boss didnt like it, but he didnt stop it either
Pete Nice Wrote:

I would love to be a resident DJ at a club in NYC or Vegas.
I can tell you this with absolute certainty, I would EASILY be the best club DJ resident in PGH. Not necessarily b/c I have DJ skills, but b/c of music selection. I know music better than ANY PGH DJ.
I absolutely agree Pete! Music selection is everything! I would LOVE a week in a local bar/club in NY or Vegas!!!
Pete Nice Wrote:I like bars, but if I go to a bar, I damn well better be able to hear the people I am with. I want to talk and socialize with the people I am hanging out with, not just sit there bobbing my head. Having food is a plus also and a good beer selection

I heard they do that because they sell more beer. If your not talking to people you feel out of place just standing there, so you keep sipping your beer as a way to look like your doing something.

Weird thing i picked up on. People pull out their cell phones as a nervous tick like that. If you look for it you'll see it all the time.
LeNeve Wrote:What time do the bars in your areas close?

They close here at 2 am sharp. Last call 1:30.
2 am here. I went to Ft. Lauderdale and they closed at 4. Messed me all up. I was rocked by 2 am every night and had to go back to the hotel while my buddies stayed out.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Most of us are in the same age range... Do you guys find yourselves feeling like the days at the bars have gotten old or at least there is no desire to do it often? What do you love/hate about the bar scene?

I think we're all just getting old. I'd much rather grill some steaks and drink some beers around a fire and relax with my buddies.
Yelling in somebody's ear trying to talk to them and trying to push your way into the bar, get the bartender's attention, to pay $5 for a $1 at the store beer isn't that fun.

When i do go out now it's to little low key places close to home where we know the bartender and half the people in there.

Hooking up with drunk chicks from the bar always leads to BS too. Like Jay-Z and Covino, I'm off that.
I don't think there is a single bar in my area that does not blast music, they are all competing for the same crowd. It is much more fun to hang out at our friends' weekend campfire.

Most of our bars close at 2am, but Michigan did pass a law that they can get a special license to stay open til 4a. I honestly don't know how many bars have jumped on that, I personally have no desire to out that late anymore... I don't want to spend the entire following day in bed when I have shit to do.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I don't think there is a single bar in my area that does not blast music, they are all competing for the same crowd. It is much more fun to hang out at our friends' weekend campfire.

Most of our bars close at 2am, but Michigan did pass a law that they can get a special license to stay open til 4a. I honestly don't know how many bars have jumped on that, I personally have no desire to out that late anymore... I don't want to spend the entire following day in bed when I have shit to do.

Did they really? Last I heard they were still talking about it.
After taking trips to NYC and Chicago, where they do stay open until 4, I decided I do NOT need to live where bars are open until 4. Come 2, I should be done. If someone doesn't stop me, I won't stop. :beer:
Pages: 1 2 3 4