Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York City - Sights
Things you should see

1. Central Park - you really can't miss it

2. Times Square - Ditto

3. Virgin Records in times square - they are closing it soon, so get there now and browse for a half hour, it's a cool place even if you don't buy anything.

4. A Broadway show - sounds yag, but the wife will LOVE it and as long as you stay away from the ones about gay sex, they are not bad. I recommend Chicago.

5. Museum of Sex - self explanatory

6. Empire State Building - very stereotypical tourist, but it is pretty damn cool. There is a trick to it though, go at night and MAKE SURE you pay the extra few dollars to go to the very top part. It is well worth it.

7. Scores - Howard made it famous, go to the one on the west side

8. The old CBGB location - John Varvatos turned it into a store for his clothes, but they have all kinds of memorabilia on the walls and shit, it's like a museum. It's at 315 Bowery in Manhattan. A must see. The birthplace of American Punk and the best live show club ever.

9. Sirius studios - DUH!

10. Rockafeller Plaza - there won't be any ice, but still cool to check out

11. 5th Ave - let the wife shop. Trump plaza is on 5th also, up near central park, and St. Peter's Cathedral where you can walk right in and look around.

12. World Trade Center sight - don't plan to much around it, not that much to see, you will be in and out in 15 minutes.

13. Statue of Liberty - It's worth a look, I haven't been there since I was 12

14. Yankees Stadium - oh wait they tore that down and put in home run park. Never mind

15. Shae stadium - oh wait they tore that down also and put in shity field. Never mind.

16. Coney Island - Shoot the freak, eat at Nathan's, check out the big hot dog eating contest billboard on the side of the building and take a pic with it. They closed all the rides though. There is also a minor league baseball stadium two blocks from Nathan's, check out a game.

17. Madison Square Garden - kind of boring if there is nothing there, it's only two blocks from the Empire State Building, put them in the same excursion.

18. Chinatown - buy the knockoff sunglasses, everyone does. Be careful where you eat.

19. Little Italy - it's really only one street that goes a few blocks any more, borders chinatown, mix them together. There is nothing off of Mullberry St really. They have a week long street fair in the summer, can't remember what month, but it might be now.

20. Studio 54 - not sure what it is now, but there is something there

that's it for today
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Is Coyote Ugly worth going to in NYC?
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
I think I would need a tour guide
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Pokes28 Wrote:Is Coyote Ugly worth going to in NYC?

I have been to the original Coyote place in the meatpacking district with Shannon Gunz once. I think it's called something else. It's kind of a hole in the wall, but it is a cool place to stop in and grab a drink or two.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
beckster Wrote:I think I would need a tour guide

If I was ever able to make it up there the same time as anyone on here, I would be able to give you a kick ass tour. I know the city, and what is cool, pretty well. If GF GT if I went up and met Pokes and the wife, they would have 58% more fun.

I'm all about having 58% more fun! Head on up. Smile
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York City Food Pete Nice 2 1,679 07-19-2021, 01:37 AM
Last Post: niki123456
  New York City - Sopranos and Kevin Smith Pete Nice 3 2,425 06-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Jersey_Mike
  New York City - Nightclubs Pete Nice 1 1,863 06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice