Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hondo does Easy Rider 2010
DBN month long bike trip in the future?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:DBN month long bike trip in the future?

I need a bike, and a bike liscence first.
I have a bicycle, not a motorcycle.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I have the license, but no bike.
I have neither.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:DBN month long bike trip in the future?

I need a bike, and a bike liscence first.

Me too. I can tag along on my GT
Overnighting in Murdo, South Dakota. Hotel is an rather generous description of these late night digs. In Nashville I've seen nicer crack hotels. It'll work though. Onto the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore and Devil's Tower tomorrow and then into Wyoming. I'm trying to get pics uploaded on my Facebook page but this ghetto wi-fi here is pissing me the hell off
How many miles do you get out of a full tank?
Depends...generally I can go 180-200 but out here I'm stopping around 160 because the distances are greater between civilization and I am totally unfamiliar with anything here. I'll tell you...Wyoming and South Dakota are NO place to run out of gas.

Made it to Sheridan, Wyoming today and had to call it quis early after a huge thunderstorm brewed up over the Big Horn Mountains. Have a long-ass ride into Montana tomorrow. New pics going up on Facebook from the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, The Black Hills and Devil's Tower.
Something broke in the motor today on the way to Washington. I am truly fucked right now...
Hondo Wrote:Something broke in the motor today on the way to Washington. I am truly fucked right now...

Bummer. Where are you stuck at?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Hondo Wrote:Something broke in the motor today on the way to Washington. I am truly fucked right now...
Confusedwoot:
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Rent one of those one way uhaul vans, push the bike up the ramp into the back, and drive it home. And get ready for your girlfriend to endlessly brake your balls and say i told you so Confusedwoot: Hope it works out hondo
negadave Wrote:
Rent one of those one way uhaul vans, push the bike up the ramp into the back, and drive it home. And get ready for your girlfriend to endlessly brake your balls and say i told you so Confusedwoot: Hope it works out hondo
Dave since I don't think you have a FB page, Hondo's most recent update...
" Ok...things are looking up! The oil pump was air-locked and that's nothing that could be fixed roadside....but still a simple repair in the shop. It doesn't look like any permanent internal engine damage was done so *hopefully* I'll be back on the road tomorrow headed for the Pacific. Everyone cross your fingers and say a prayer!"
Yeah I'm sure hoping I am back on the road tomorrow. And you're absolutely goddamn right about the girlfriend too. That had already started. As it turned out between rental and gas expenses from here would have been around $2K so it was going to get fixed regardless. Since I hit something in the road my insurance would have covered all but $500. Keep your fingers crossed!

Most of the pics are up here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/52731203@N07/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/52731203@N07/</a><!-- m -->