Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tech Podcasts
This is a great site for tech related news and podcasts.

http://twit.tv/
Thanks Joe!

At least you aren't making another one of these Iphone v BB threads like Derick. :roflmao: :poke:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Thanks Joe!

At least you aren't making another one of these Iphone v BB threads like Derick. :roflmao: :poke:

No, but you can listen to those podcasts and they'll talk shit on the iPhone as well. They are also MAC users.
My favorite tech show or webcast whatever is Hak5. It really gets into hacking methodology and cool methods for whatever. My favorite of theirs is still their wireless pineapple. They took a tiny router and went to starbucks (or a place that looked just like it) and they set up their pineapple that housed this router and a small ups. The router is running a special variant of software that is basically just a huge yes man. It establishes itself to the web through the host and then when a laptop comes in range it says "is my home/office network there?" The router says "yes, I'm here" and then the computer says ok, here is my security information for this connection. The pineapple just stores it all. People are happy, they get to surf and the person that put the thing up is happy because he's collecting any/all information going across it including the home network security settings.

Really cool and a fun thing to play with. I put one up in my house and pumped up the antenna power. I had people connecting through my home network instead of the one in their homes. I then had all the network settings for their home network and was able to get right in whenever I wanted.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:My favorite tech show or webcast whatever is Hak5. It really gets into hacking methodology and cool methods for whatever. My favorite of theirs is still their wireless pineapple. They took a tiny router and went to starbucks (or a place that looked just like it) and they set up their pineapple that housed this router and a small ups. The router is running a special variant of software that is basically just a huge yes man. It establishes itself to the web through the host and then when a laptop comes in range it says "is my home/office network there?" The router says "yes, I'm here" and then the computer says ok, here is my security information for this connection. The pineapple just stores it all. People are happy, they get to surf and the person that put the thing up is happy because he's collecting any/all information going across it including the home network security settings.

Really cool and a fun thing to play with. I put one up in my house and pumped up the antenna power. I had people connecting through my home network instead of the one in their homes. I then had all the network settings for their home network and was able to get right in whenever I wanted.

:? :? :? :? spooky

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech News Joe 2 1,382 11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Horsekack