Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuller's London Porter
Figured I'd post this.
I had this yesterday, it was pretty awesome stuff.

[Image: 4775923176_2a1d6d52c5.jpg]
I'm not a Porter guy. Too much chocolate and coffee tastes in that genre of beers (I don't like chocolate or coffee). I love Guinness but that is about it among Porters or Stouts.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:I'm not a Porter guy. Too much chocolate and coffee tastes in that genre of beers (I don't like chocolate or coffee). I love Guinness but that is about it among Porters or Stouts.

I liked it, it really did have a chocolate & coffee taste though.
Fullers makes some quality brew though generally speaking all British beer is lighter in alcohol than normal. Case in point that Porter is only 5.9% alcohol whereas most Porters tend to be in the 6.5-7% range.

Fullers is a HUGE brewery though and they make a ton of different varieties. In England you can get them on tap or cask. I prefer the cask for most of them particularly Fullers London Pride (a really great light ale).
Pokes28 Wrote:Fullers makes some quality brew though generally speaking all British beer is lighter in alcohol than normal. Case in point that Porter is only 5.9% alcohol whereas most Porters tend to be in the 6.5-7% range.

Fullers is a HUGE brewery though and they make a ton of different varieties. In England you can get them on tap or cask. I prefer the cask for most of them particularly Fullers London Pride (a really great light ale).

When I grow up, I want to know as much about beer as Pokes.
Beer is awesome. I love beer. I love the history and the processes.