Poll: Which brake pads are better?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Carbon
0%
0 0%
Ceramic
40.00%
2 40.00%
Depends on the car
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Pads
They told me I need to get new brake pads too... Of course then the dealer tried to sell me those carbon brakes and went on to tell me how great they are. It seems like I have been told to never get them unless I am about to dump the car, since they don't last long. Is this true? I usually insist on ceramic brake pads.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Ok ......here we go

Carbon
- Less high temp brake fade
- Better pedal feel
- longer life
- good for racing or heavy duty application

Ceramic
- low dust
- low noise
- most OE are ceramic, especially asian cars, or wheels with fancy wheels with exposed brakes
I don't like dust or noise
I agree with these guys. That makes two dealer techs, and an ex dealer tech.

The answer is clear on this issue.
carbon pads = mustang, or any other performance car.

ceramic = daily driver. You might replace the ceramic more often, but not enough to off set the cost.

asbestos pads = cancer, and alot of indy guys (privately owned shops) still have those in stock.
It really seemed like the carbon ones didn't hold up on my Monte Carlo, but the ceramic lasted forever. This is rather confusing, now. (we're talking a '98 Bonneville, anyway... not a sports car)
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I wouldnt spend the extra money on the carbon unless you have a high performance car or have a truck that does alot of towing.
Squarehead Wrote:I wouldnt spend the extra money on the carbon unless you have a high performance car or have a truck that does alot of towing.

Totally agree. Are you into cars? What do you do for a living? Do you have any projects? What area of the country are you from?

I'm not a genius with vehicles, but I love discussing stuff like this.
LeNeve Wrote:
Squarehead Wrote:I wouldnt spend the extra money on the carbon unless you have a high performance car or have a truck that does alot of towing.

Totally agree. Are you into cars? What do you do for a living? Do you have any projects? What area of the country are you from?

Hey Iva, take it easy with the questions.
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

Hey Iva, take it easy with the questions.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :high5: