Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newer Muscians?
We all know who the musical "great ones" are... We can go on for days about how great Eric Clapton, Slash, Lars Ulrich, Jimmy Page and so many other truly talented musicians are playing out there. But what about these younger acts??? Do any of these guys stick out as being truly skilled in their trade??

I have been driving Jim-butt to work and it's a 2-hour round trip. I was thinking about this topic this morning to stay awake. I couldn't come up with a name at all.

Who are the guitarists, drummers and whatever of the 2000s???
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I would say that everyone in Avenged Sevenfold is pretty fucking good and groundbreaking.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Jack white goes without saying for me
Pete Nice Wrote:I would say that everyone in Avenged Sevenfold is pretty fucking good and groundbreaking.

They are pretty cool.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
A Couple More for ya

Tom Morello - Guitar
Ben Harper - Slide Guitar ........ :rock:
Dave Groel - Drums

I'd like to come up with a bass player and the best I can do is
P-Nutt - 311
Dave Groel doesn't play drums anymore, does he? I thought he went to guitar?
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Dave Groel doesn't play drums anymore, does he? I thought he went to guitar?
He is still regarded as the best drummer in rock

also he was the drummer on the first 2 Queens of the Stoneage albums
Drummed for Them Dirty Vultures
And for the first 2 Foo figher albums.........this is just what I know off the top of my head
Not new in this decade, but still current drummers come to mind are:
Danny Carey - Tool
Lars Ulrich - Metallica
Travis Barker - Blink 182
Joe In PA Wrote:Not new in this decade, but still current drummers come to mind are:
Danny Carey - Tool
Lars Ulrich - Metallica

You notice how this thread hasn't blown up with names of new guys. Where the hell did the talent go? I really thought we would have a few more names of guys who people say are stepping up to the challenge.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:Not new in this decade, but still current drummers come to mind are:
Danny Carey - Tool
Lars Ulrich - Metallica

You notice how this thread hasn't blown up with names of new guys. Where the hell did the talent go? I really thought we would have a few more names of guys who people say are stepping up to the challenge.
I don't think it's that there isn't talent, I feel that current artists don't demand the star power that older artists wanted. Name recognition takes years
Shinedown isn't really new, but they haven't been around that long. I think they are great and I think they'll be around for a long time. Great vocals.
Evans Blue put out two great albums and then switched lead singers. The original lead singer had a great sound.
Joe In PA Wrote:Evans Blue put out two great albums and then switched lead singers. The original lead singer had a great sound.

Evans Blue

He needed the money.....
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I found this list.......

1) Jonny Buckland
2) Jonny Greenwood
3) Daron Malakian ~ “System of a Down!”
4) Ed O'Brien
5) David "The Edge" Howell Evans
6) Jack White ~ “The White Stripes!”
7) Billie Joe Armstrong
8) John Frusciante
9) Chris Shiflett ~ “Foo Fighters!”
10) Mike McCready
I HATE PIE!!