Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 vs 360
So I've got some reward points I can use for $100 in gift cards, and I was thinking of getting one of these.
I've always had Playstations, just because I always liked their exclusive games, back when GTA was only on Playstation. But of all the games that I liked, I think Gran Turismo is the only one that's still exclusive.
I'm really leaning toward the 360 now.
Bluray isn't all that important, I download bootleg dvd's and can't see myself buying any movies anytime soon. Especially blurays.

So, is there anything awesome about the PS3 that would make it worth the extra $50?
I've used XBMC on a computer before, and like it, does PS3 have any multimedia stuff like that?
And I don't even think I'll ever do much online gaming.
I dont do any online gaming, and I opted for the PS3. I liked the blueray player, the wireless controllers, the media part. I can stream movies from my computer to my ps3 over a wireless network and watch them on my tv. Also you have access to the internet through the ps3. I dont know how the other consoles stack up. But for me I went with the ps3
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
That's good to know about the movie streaming part.

From what I've seen, they're pretty close, but the PS3 has the bluray.
The PS3 version of some games are better, and the 360 version of some games are better.
I'm probably thinking about it too much.
I have both, and a Wii. My wife used the Wii. The Xbox360 gets lots of use for streaming movies, games, online gaming, even facebook and twitter. The 360 has the biggest game catalogue by almost two times and 10 times more exclusive games that ps3. The only ps3 exclusive I have that is worth it is Socom confrontation. Basically my ps3 collects dust except for the 3 times a year we watch blue rays and the 1 or 2 times a year I play socom.

If you want to game, get the 360. Then get the Call of Duty games, the online play is amazing and the online community for COD in 360 is far superior to the one on PS3. Don't discount COD, best gaming franchise ever, Modern Warfare 2 is amazing and the online play is unmatched.

People who buy ps3 do it b/c of the blue ray, but really are screwing themselves on the gaming side.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:People who buy ps3 do it b/c of the blue ray, but really are screwing themselves on the gaming side.

Thanks, and that's what I've been starting to figure.

What about the hard drive? I'm planning on the 120 gig, but do I really need that? Does downloadable game content need that much? I'm not going to be putting movies on it, just game related stuff.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:People who buy ps3 do it b/c of the blue ray, but really are screwing themselves on the gaming side.

What about the hard drive? I'm planning on the 120 gig, but do I really need that? Does downloadable game content need that much? I'm not going to be putting movies on it, just game related stuff.

I have the 120, the downloadable games don't take much, but you can rip your game disks to the hard drive so that you don't take as much power to run them and it lessens the wear and tear on the machine b/c the disk is not constantly running. You can also put pictures, music and I think movies on the hard drive.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I have the 120, the downloadable games don't take much, but you can rip your game disks to the hard drive so that you don't take as much power to run them and it lessens the wear and tear on the machine b/c the disk is not constantly running. You can also put pictures, music and I think movies on the hard drive.

Being able to put thet games on it is enough to make me get the hard drive. I was contemplating getting the arcade version, but screw that.
What about the 54% failure rate of the X360?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6215590.html">http://www.gamespot.com/news/6215590.html</a><!-- m -->

I don't have either system but if I were to get one that would weigh pretty heavily on my purchase choice.
Hondo Wrote:What about the 54% failure rate of the X360?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6215590.html">http://www.gamespot.com/news/6215590.html</a><!-- m -->

I don't have either system but if I were to get one that would weigh pretty heavily on my purchase choice.

Huh. I thought that was only in the early versions of the 360.
I think every one of the 1st generation 360's had that "red ring of death". Maybe that is still weighing those stats down.
Chip Wrote:
Hondo Wrote:What about the 54% failure rate of the X360?

Huh. I thought that was only in the early versions of the 360.
I think every one of the 1st generation 360's had that "red ring of death". Maybe that is still weighing those stats down.

Yeah, that was first gen consoles only. Not an issue any more.

New Xbox came out last week, which means the end of the red ring of death (hopefully)

Plus the new xbox has built in wireless card also
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R