Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatle Police
[youtube]LTR4z_oZIks[/youtube]
Looking at the WHOLE video, and not the cut up news tape, I'm still on the officers side.

I would like to know Hondo's thoughts on this as well.
This is a post I made in the IST.

I also completely agree with everything Pete Nice has said about the solo police officer being surrounded in a bad area by fat black hookers. considering his surroundings, he took instinctive action, with some pre-emptive thought.

If that would have been 3 dudes, he would have had his weapon ready, before the altercation, and if they advanced, he would have fired. He would have also already called for backup.

When he saw girls, he assumed, (huge mistake on his part), that they would listen, cooperate, he would give his warning, tell them to have a Pete Nice day, and continue patrolling the hood, in hopes of making it safer for the people.

Why he was in a rough hood by himself is another question too.

Basically he showed extreme patience, was authoritive, but was ultimately ignored, and attacked. He then did what most people would do in this situation.

He is a police officer though, and it seemed to me he fucked up the "standard operration procedure" from the get go. Maybe a rookie, but what is a rookie doing in this situation?
While the use of force is completely justified the officer's defensive tactics techniques were atrocious. Look how much time he spent trying to control those women. He should have immediately used a wrist lock and/or an armbar to quickly gain control of the first woman when she began resisting. You don't play footsie with people in that situation. If he had immediately controlled the first woman he might not have needed to punch the second. As it was he exposed himself to far more danger trying to slap fight two suspects.

My take: Slam then fast and hard. Don't mess around. If you do someone (likely you) is liable to get hurt or you will end up using FAR more force to effect an arrest than you would have if you had acted properly.
Hondo Wrote:While the use of force is completely justified the officer's defensive tactics techniques were atrocious. Look how much time he spent trying to control those women. He should have immediately used a wrist lock and/or an armbar to quickly gain control of the first woman when she began resisting. You don't play footsie with people in that situation. If he had immediately controlled the first woman he might not have needed to punch the second. As it was he exposed himself to far more danger trying to slap fight two suspects.

My take: Slam then fast and hard. Don't mess around. If you do someone (likely you) is liable to get hurt or you will end up using FAR more force to effect an arrest than you would have if you had acted properly.

This is why I say he needs retrained in restraint but not fired. He also should be partnered up for a while as well.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Most agencies IMO do a slipshod to downright shitty job in training new officers in DT these days. In order to train effectively you have to do it a lot and doing it a lot tends to get people very sore and very tired...and often injured. When I went through the academy DT training was five weeks long. It was fucking brutal...and damn good training. After a couple of weeks it was like a death march going to the gym. It was also a good way to get rid of people that couldn't hack the program. Go have someone armbar you 50 times in a row and see how your arms and shoulders feel. Or get whacked by a foam rubber covered PVC pipe in baton training about 1000 times. That shit hurt and we were all bruised BADLY. But we learned and it will save your life in a fight.

It's now down to two weeks and there's no way anyone is going to get proficient at those techniques in two weeks. I'm sure the legal people have forced them to downgrade the training for those reasons...that and the inevitable HR reasons. The outgrowth of that is over-reliance on OC spray and the taser. It's just easier. What you saw in Seattle is a prime example of insufficient training.
Normally i'm verry against police being over agressive. I'n this case i'm totally on the officers side. The girl clearly assaulted an officer, and was interfering with an arrest. Better to get punched in the face than tasered, in my opinion.

Only thing i would critisize is, the officer didn't seem to have control of the situation. There was Alot of people surrounding him. It took him a LONG time to get the cuffs on the girl and put her in the car, And he had NO backup.

Around here it's common to see 2 or 3 cop cars on a traffic stop. Something like that ther would problly be like 4 or more officers there.
If I was a cop, I woulda punched BOTH of them in the face. Forget about it, the guy was doing his job.....
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Dumb bitch got what she deserved.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]