Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 Tsantali Rapsani
[Image: rapsani-bottle.jpg]

The vineyards of Rapsani lie on the southern slopes of Mt. Olympus in northern Greece. The Greek indigenous Xinomavro, Krassato and Stavroto blend has rich spice, black currents and other dried fruits on the nose. The palate is ripe fruit, soft tannins with a balanced and complex finish.

Go find it, Mmmmmmmmmmm!
I was actually going to post about Greek wine and what would be good. One of hte stores in NYC I went to had a bunch of Greek wines, but I know nothing of them. I will have to see if this is available in PA.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I was actually going to post about Greek wine and what would be good. One of hte stores in NYC I went to had a bunch of Greek wines, but I know nothing of them. I will have to see if this is available in PA.

This wine was so good. I opened it and decanted it about 4 hours before dinner. It has a huge nose that you smell as soon as the bottle is opened.

Greek wines are tough. Most of them are overpriced and mediocre at best. It is weird because most of the worlds varietals can trace the DNA back to Greece and the rest of the Mediterranean. I love the wines of Santorini, the volcanic soil add something to the grapes that give the wine a very distinctive profile.