Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercury
June 2, 2010

To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers
Subject: A MESSAGE FROM MARK FIELDS: FORD TO EXPAND LINCOLN LINEUP AND BRAND EMPHASIS

Today marks another important milestone in our company's transformation as we solidify plans to further grow our Ford brand while accelerating Lincoln.

As noted in the attached press release, today we are announcing plans to introduce seven new or significantly upgraded Lincoln vehicles in the next four years, including our first-ever C-segment vehicle.

We also are announcing that we will end production of Mercury vehicles in the fourth quarter of this year. While Mercury served us well in the past, it now is time to fully devote our resources and attention to growing Lincoln – just as we have been doing so successfully with the Ford brand.

We are meeting today with members of the Dealer Council, the news media and other key stakeholders to ensure everyone understands our plan. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with details of today's announcement. Additional information is also available FMCDealer.com, as well as @Ford Online.

Thank you for your continued support.

Mark Fields
Sad but necessary. At least FoMoCo is ahead of the curve.
Merc, Pontiac, Olds and Plymouth all had good runs. Sad to see them go.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I thought Mercury went out like 10 years ago.....
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I thought Mercury went out like 10 years ago.....
They discontinued it in Canada I believe in 2003/04............the only car they sold was the Grand Marquis and Maurauder.........

Remember dealers on the US side are either Ford or Lincoln/Mercury
Brampton, what the fuck is a C-segment vehicle mean? More Jaguar based or what?

I'm glad to see a few Mercury vehicles go. I don't think anyone will miss them, except the old people that like the Grand Marquis.

I actually own a Mercury Mountaineer.

The Marauders were pretty bad ass.
Hondo Wrote:Sad but necessary. At least FoMoCo is ahead of the curve.

Yep, I really think this was a good move on FMC's part. Looking forward to see what they do with the Lincoln line up. Lincolns are as close as you can get to a "luxery" car as you can get without spending alot. The LS is a super car, although very expensive to get fixed out of warranty. They are also a bitch to work on.
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I thought Mercury went out like 10 years ago.....
They discontinued it in Canada I believe in 2003/04............the only car they sold was the Grand Marquis and Maurauder.........

Remember dealers on the US side are either Ford or Lincoln/Mercury

My dad used to own a Nissan/Lincoln/Mercury dealership and an Oldsmobile/Pontiac/GMC Truck dealership. Before that he had a Volkswagon dealership. I got to demo whatever I wanted as soon as I turned 16. Took a brand new Nissan 300ZX twin turbo to the prom.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]